Back in 2018, the Chinese phone manufacturer Gionee was reported to have gone bankrupt due to unpaid debts and poor financial management. However, the company found a way back to system in a highly celebrated manner last year with the launch of several mid-range and entry-level smartphones, a flip phone (Gionee A326) and feature phone (Gionee i6). The Chinese company has now unveiled another smartphone called Gionee K6.
The Gionee K6 is a mid-range phone but an very affordable handset. The phone is powered the outdated MediaTek Helio P60 chipset. The chipset was released back in 2018 and sits in the same category as the Snapdragon 660.
The processor is paired with optional 6GB / 8GB of RAM and there is an whooping 128GB / 256GB inbuilt storage. Furthermore, the Gionee K6 comes with an impressive 4350mAh battery onboard as well as support for 10W fast charge.
As per design, the phone is built around a 6.2-inch LCD display with a waterdrop notch at the top bearing a 13MP camera. At the rear, the phone packs a dual-camera setup comprising a 16MP AI main camera. There is also a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor at the back panel.
The K6 is no doubt a cost-effective model but we are not so sure if it will have good software support. Ordinarily, the 8GB + 128GB model has the same price as the 4GB + 64GB variant of the Redmi Note 8.
Gionee K6 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, May 26
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, May
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 75.9 x 10.2 mm
- Weight: 192 g (7.34 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inch
- Resolution: 720 x 1520, 19:9
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60 MT6771
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0GHz
- GPU: Mali G72 MP3
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Single – 16MP f/2.0
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16MP f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: Yes
- Radio: FM radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: microUSB
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4350mAh mAh battery
- Charging: 5V 2A
Gionee K6 Price and Availability
The smartphone is priced at;
- 799 yuan (~$112) for 6GB + 128GB model
- 899 yuan (~$127) for 8GB + 128GB model
- 1,099 yuan (~$155) for 8GB + 256GB model
With these prices, the phone will most likely find many buyers willing to snag the smartphone.