Huawei has unveiled a brand new smartphone today in China. The Huawei Enjoy Z 5G is the first 5G smartphone from the company not powered by a Kirin processor. Instead, Huawei decided to go for MediaTekâ€™s Dimensity 800 5G processor.
The Huawei Enjoy Z 5G features a 6.5-inch display with a Dewdrop notch at the top for the selfie camera. The manufacturer says the screen, with its 2400 x 1080 resolution and 90Hz refresh rate, has a 91.2% screen-to-body ratio. It also has a touch sampling rate of 180Hz.
MediaTekâ€™s Dimensity 800 processor is a 7nm chip with 4 x Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.0GHz and 4 x Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0GHz. The GPU is a NATT MC4.
You have the option to choose from three variants â€“ 6GB+64GB, 6GB+128GB, and 8GB+128GB. There is support for storage expansion via a NanoMemory card slot (256GB). In case you donâ€™t know, Huawei isnâ€™t the only one making NM cards, Lexar also makes and they start at Â¥199 (~$28) for the 64GB capacity.
The Huawei Enjoy Z 5G has a 48MP triple camera setup on the back. The main camera has an f/1.8 aperture and it comes along with a 2MP f/2.4 4CM macro camera and an 8MP f/2.4 super wide-angle camera. Huawei says there is Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) for smoother videos. The phone also has 10x digital zoom, night scene mode, macro mode, and a beauty mode. The selfie camera is a 16MP f/2.0 camera.
There is a 4000mAh battery inside the phone with support for 22.5W fast charge. Other features of the phone are Bluetooth 5.1, Dual-SIM support, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and OTG support. It ships with EMUI 10.1 based on Android 10 out of the box.
Huawei Enjoy Z 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, May 24
- Status: Available. Released 2020, June 1
- Dimensions: 160.0 Ã— 75.32 Ã— 8.35 mm
- Weight: 182 g
- Colors: Dark Blue, Sakura Snow Clear Sky, and Magic Night Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Android 10 (EMUI 10.1)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6873V Dimensity 800 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57MP4
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: NMCard up to 256GB
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W
Huawei Enjoy Z 5G Price and Availability
The Huawei Enjoy Z 5G is available in Dark Blue, Sakura Snow Clear Sky, and Magic Night Black. The 64GB version is priced at Â¥1699 (~$238), the 6GB+128GB version goes for Â¥1899 (~$266), and the 8GB+128GB will sell for Â¥2199 (~$308).
The use of the Dimensity 800 is to provide affordable 5G devices for consumers. With a starting price of Â¥1699 (~$238), that aim has been met. The Huawei Enjoy Z packs a number of interesting features alongside 5G support.