Vivo’s sub-brand iQOO has unveil a brand new 5G flagship in China – the iQOO Neo3. Sticking true to its essence, the new iQOO model brings 5G and top-end flagship performance at a relatively affordable price tag. The phone is powered by the new Snapdragon 865 chipset and comes with a capable 144Hz display upfront.
Under the hood, the iQOO Neo3 comes with the Snapdragon 865 processor clocked at 2.84GHz. This is currently the best Qualcomm chipset out there and offers high-end graphics performance thanks to its Adreno 650 GPU. The new iQOO model also upgrades the storage standard to UFS 3.1 which promises sequential reading speeds of up to 1733MB/s and write speeds of 731 MB/s.
The iQOO Neo3 features a 6.57-inch FHD+ LCD panel with 98% sRGB color gamut, DCI-P3, and HDR 10. The screen features an aspect ratio of 20:9 with a screen to body ratio going over 90%. This LCD panel supports 144Hz high refresh rate, just like Nubia Play and other gaming flagships. The high refresh rate has been reportedly optimized for over 1000 apps in China.
Note the phone does not have in-screen fingerprint sensor, instead, you will get a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Alongside this gaming-friendly screen, the iQOO Neo3 also has a 11-tier cooling system inside which the company claims can cool the internal temperature by up to 10 degrees. The phone also features stereo speakers and Hi-Fi sound, ensuring an immersive entertainment experience. The Neo3 is also a KPL (King Pro League) certified gaming smartphone.
The iQOO Neo3 spots a 48MP AI triple-camera setup at the back. In addition to the high-resolution 48MP primary sensor, the phone features an 8MP 112° ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2MP macro lens. iQOO reveals that the phone supports Hyper-HDR which enables it to capture good quality photos in different lighting conditions. The front 16MP punch-hole selfie shooter supports portrait mode as well.
vivo iQOO Neo3 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: 5G band 1(2100), 3(1800), 41(2500), 77(3700), 78(3500); SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G (3.3 Gbps DL)
- Announced: 2020, April 23
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, April 29
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm (6.44 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 198.1 g (6.98 oz)
- Colors: Blue, Black/Dark Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.0 cm2 (~84.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- 144Hz refresh rate
- Android 10.0; iQOO UI 1.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 44W, 50% in 20 min, 100% in 58 min (advertised)
- Super Flash Charge 2.0
vivo iQOO Neo3 5G Price and Availability
The iQOO Neo3;
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage variant costs 2698 yuan ($381)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variant costs 2998 yuan ($423)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB storage variant costs 3398 yuan ($480
- 12GB RAM + 128GB storage variant costs 3298 yuan ($466).
The pre-sale of the device is already on in China in blue and black gradient colors and the phone will go on sale on April 29 at 10 AM.