After a uncountable number of leaks and teasers, Oppo Ace2 has finally official. The phone retains 90Hz refresh rate screen and 65W wired charging of its predecessor â€“ the Reno Ace, however powered by the latest Snapdragon 865 chipset, has 5G connectivity and the fastest wireless charging around at 40W thanks to the brand new AirVOOC charger.
The Ace2 is built around a 6.5-inch OLED display with FHD+ resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate. The panel comes with a punch-hole cutout in the top left corner for the 16MP selfie camera.
Around the back, thereâ€™s a circular cutout for the quartet of cameras, headlined by a 48MP main shooter. The accompanying modules are an 8MP ultrawide snapper, and two 2MP “potrait cameras”, which is fancy term for depth helpers.
The Snapdragon 865 SoC that powers the device is paired with 8/12GB RAM with the higher capacity being of the LPPDR5 variety and 128/256 UFS 3.0 storage.
The 4,000mAh battery supports 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast wired charging which is plenty fast but whatâ€™s more impressive is the 40W AirVOOC wireless charger which Oppo claims can complete a full charge cycle in only 56 minutes. The actual charging pad has its own spinning fan to keep thermals in check and will be sold separately for CNY 249 ($35) and will currently only work with the Ace2.
The software front is covered by Android 10 with ColorOS 7.1 on top. Other notable features include Wi-Fi 6 and NFC and 10W reverse wireless charging.
Oppo Ace2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – China
- 5G: 5G band 1(2100), 3(1800), 41(2500), 78(3500), 79(4700); SA/NSA – China
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, April 13
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, April 20
- Dimensions: 160 x 75.4 x 8.6 mm (6.30 x 2.97 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colors: Aurora Silver, Moon Rock Grey, Fantasy Purple
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 500 nits typ. brightness (advertised)
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Android 10.0; ColorOS 7.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.0
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm, AF
- 2 MP B/W, (depth)
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.4, 29mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 100% in 30 min (advertised)
- SuperVOOC 2.0
- Fast wireless charging 40W, 100% in 56 min (advertised)
- Wireless reverse charging 10W
Oppo Ace2 Price and Availability
The Oppo Ace2 will come in purple, grey and silver colors and will start at;
- CNY 3,999 ($565) for the 8/128GB model
- CNY 4,399 ($625) for the 8/256GB model
- CNY4,599 ($650) for the 12/256GB model.
Pre-orders are already underway while official sales start on April 20. International availability details aren’t confirmed yet.