The Chinese semiconductor company Unisoc has launched a new smartphone called Lenovo A7. The device is an entry-level handset with a waterdrop screen, two cameras and an octa-core CPU.
The phone is powered by the Unisoc SC9863A which has eight Cortex-A55 units – one cluster reaches 1.6 GHz, the rest go up to 1.2 GHz.
The UNISOC SC9863A octa-core process also features an LTE modem, with a PowerVR IMG8322/GE8322 graphics card. It can support resolutions up to Full HD+ (2160 x 1080), but the Lenovo A7 is likely settling for a 720p display. Furthermore, the chipset is paired with 2GB.
The Lenovo A7 is built around a 6.09-inch HD+ display with a resolution of 720 x 1,560 pixels, with a waterdrop notch right on top, which houses the phoneâ€™s front-facing camera. The screen also comes with a pixel density of 320 PPI.
Around the back of the Lenovo A7, a vertically-placed dual-camera setup can be seen. The system comprises a 13MP primary camera and a secondary 2MP shooter, which is used for depth-sensing.
The camera that is housed in the phoneâ€™s notch is a 5MP selfie shooter. Other key camera features include an LED flash and AI scene recognition, with the latter capable of determining 12 types of scenes. On its rear, a mounted fingerprint sensor can also be seen.
The Lenovo A7 is equipped with a removable 4,000mAh battery. According to the company, with the battery in charge, the phone can provide up to 416 hours of standby times.
As the product page of the Lenovo A7 is still to appear on Lenovoâ€™s official website, expect the features above and specification to become more specific.
Lenovo A7 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, April 13
- Status: Available. Released 2019, April 13
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 12 mm (6.10 x 2.95 x 0.47 in)
- Weight: 169 g
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Blue, Black
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.09 inches, 91.0 cm2Â (~78.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
- Android 10.0
- Chipset: Unisoc SC9863A (28nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR IMG8322/GE8322
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses SIM 2 slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12Âµm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: Yes
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: No Fast Charging
Lenovo A7 Price and Availability
The Lenovo A7 will come in two color variants â€“ Black and Blue. As at the time of writing, the pricing and availability of the handset are yet to be revealed but it should not be more than $100. Presently, the device is only targeted at the Chinese and Middle Eastern mobile markets,.