Huawei has already listed its new Huawei P Smart 2020 on the website of a Dutch online retailer. The phone brings us a lot of images along with the detailed specifications of the entry-level phone.
The Huawei P Smart 2020 is built around a 6.21-inch LCD with an FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) resolution and a waterdrop notch on top for the 8MP selfie cam. Around the back, we have a 13MP main shooter paired with a 2MP depth sensor and an LED flash. There’s also a capacitive fingerprint reader.
Under the hood, Huawei is powered by the Kirin 710F chipset which will allow the device to come with Google Mobile Services (GMS). The P Smart 2020 will ship with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage which can be further expanded through a micro SD card.
The battery is rated at 3,400 mAh and charges over USB Type-C. Other notable features include a headphone jack, dual-band Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity. On the software front, you will get Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9.1 on top.
Huawei P smart 2020 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, April 29
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, May
- Dimensions: 155.2 x 73.4 x 8 mm (6.11 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 160 g (5.64 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Midnight Black, Aurora Blue, Green
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.21 inches, 94.7 cm2 (~83.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~415 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9.1, Google Play Services
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710F (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/1.8, PDAF
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery
- Charging: Standard charging 10W
Huawei P smart 2020 Price and Availability
The Huawei P Smart 2020 comes in green, black and blue colors with a starting price of €200.
The listing is also advertising a free 3 month trial for Huawei Music. The phone is expected to debut in Europe soon, but there aren’t any exact launch date details for now.