Xiaomi discontinued its Mi Max lineup after three generations of smartphones, but now it is reviving the big-screen life with the newly introduced Redmi Note 9 Pro Max.
The phone is built around a 6.67-inch screen in a more compact body, as well as four cameras on the back and a selfie shooter within a punch hole.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is powered by the 8nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset, coupled with 6 GB or 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage.
The four cameras on the back are mounted on a square elevated tile with the LED flash sitting below. The main shooter has a 64MP sensor and next to is is an 8MP ultrawide angle cam with 119-degree FoV sitting.
The bottom row is for the 5 MP macro camera and the 2 MP depth sensor. The Note 9 Pro Max will also support RAW photography and improved Night Mode.
The in-display selfie camera is 32MP, which is the highest ever resolution in a Redmi Note smartphone.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max comes with a huge 5,020 mAh battery and comes with 33W fast charging support. Better yet, the required charger will be supplied in the box.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max has Gorilla Glass 5 on both sides for extra protection and comes in three colors – Aurora Blue, Glacier White, and Interstellar Black.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, March 12
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March 25
- Dimensions: 165.5 x 76.7 x 8.8 mm (6.52 x 3.02 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 209 g (7.37 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame
- Colours: Aurora Blue, Glacier White, Interstellar Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 450 nits typ. brightness (advertised)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM radio, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NavIC
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5020 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Pricing and Availability
Three memory options will hit the market on March 25 – 6/64 GB, 6/128 GB, and 8/128 GB. They are priced at INR14,999 ($202/€180), INR16,999 ($230/€205) and INR18,999 ($255/€225), respectively.
The phone will be available at Amazon India and Xiaomi’s online and offline stores, with launch offers revealed on Monday, March 16.