You must have been hearing that there will be affordable 5G smartphones this year, but we have not told you any. Well, we have one now as the Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has today introduced a more affordable version to the Mi 10 series called the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G is a trimmed down version of the premium Mi 10 models, but has the same spirit. The Snapdragon 765G and its integrated 5G modem are the brains of the operation and will be kept chilly with the LiquidCool tech.
The phone is built around an AMOLED screen that measures 6.57-inch, a tenth of an inch smaller. Xiaomi also switched up the selfie camera arrangement, the 16MP sensor is placed inside a waterdrop notch.
The quad camera on the back features a 48MP main sensor. Details about the three other modules will be unveiled soon. Xiaomi did tease some of the capabilities, however, including Pro Mode, Shoot Steady, “AI dynamic skyscaping” and more.
The Mi 10 Lite 5G is powered by a 4,160mAh battery with decently fast 20W wired charging. The phone measures 7.98mm thick and weighs 192g and you’ll have a choice between White, Gray and Green.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G: 5G SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, March 27
- Status: Coming soon
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Black, Blue, White
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.2 cm2
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single- 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4160 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 20W
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite Price and Availability
The handset will be available in early May (Xiaomi Spain is already teasing it). The version with 64GB storage will cost €350 and you can upgrade to 128GB for €50 more.
Compare that to the Nokia 8.3 5G, which costs €600, not to mention the various 5G flagships that cost even more. We bring up the Nokia specifically as the Xiaomi phone uses the same Snapdragon 765G chipset, but since its price is much lower, it actually feels like great value for money.