Earlier today, WeChat iOS version received the 7.0.12 update, which officially added support for dark mode. The WeChat 7.0.12 update log revealed that the messaging app will follow the system settings and switch to dark mode.
According to iOS users, the overall implementation of the dark mode is 99% complete, but of course, there are still some defects in some places.
WeChat For Android To Get Dark Mode Soon
It is worth noting that a lot of major apps and services have already included a dark mode feature, and the last to integrate it was Facebook for desktop. The new social media giant interface is now available to all users. In addition to a completely redesigned interface, a dark mode can now be activated.
Almost a year after the appearance of the dark mode on the Messenger mobile application, and more recently on WhatsApp, Facebook is finally deploying the new version of its interface with dark mode for all users.
Furthermore, a couple of weeks ago, WhatsApp has officially announced the arrival of the dark mode to the stable version of the app. The update that came with this feature has been already been made available for Android and iOS in the past weeks.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Dark Mode
The dark theme comes with its share of advantages and disadvantages.
- It saves energy, mainly if the device uses an OLED or AMOLED screen.
- While the dark text on a white background is the best in terms of readability, Dark Mode (which has light text on a dark background) is better for reducing eye strain in low light conditions.
- With the majority of the screen dark, the screen glare is reduced, thereby minimizing flickering and blue light.
- Dark themes are not always better for eye strain. In bright light conditions, the text appears washed out, increasing eye fatigue.
- Long pieces of content or text are more challenging to read in Dark Mode.