Oppo launched its Reno 3 lineup back in December 2019 in China, with the Pro version sporting a 5G chipset. Today, the Chinese company announced the international non-5G Oppo Reno 3 Pro, which comes with two selfie cameras nested inside a flat OLED panel.
The Reno 3 Pro is the first smartphone with the recently unveiled Mediatek Helio P95 chipset. It has octa-core CPU with two Cortex-A75 cores running at up to 2.2GHz and 8GB RAM. Storage is either 128GB or 256GB and you get a microSD card slot for further expansion.
The phone features a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED panel with a 20:9 ratio, Full HD+ resolution and an under-display fingerprint scanner.
The design of the back is similar to the Reno3 Pro 5G, but in this 4G device, the main shooter is 64MP. The rest is the same – 13MP telephoto shooter with 2x optical zoom, 8MP ultrawide snapper, and a 2MP monochrome depth-sensing camera.
The selfie cameras sit inside a punch-hole and the main unit is the highest resolution dedicated front camera to date – it has a 44 MP 1/2.8” sensor behind an F/2.4 lens. There is a secondary module is a 2MP depth sensor.
Oppo’s devices are known with their fast charging and the company brought its latest technology to the Ren o3 Pro as well. The 4,025 mAh power cell supports VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 that allows up to 30W charging, and the appropriate power block comes in the retail box. The Reno3 Pro ships with Android 10 and ColorOS 7 on top.
Oppo Reno 3 Pro 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, March 2
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March 6
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm (6.25 x 2.89 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back, plastic frame
- Colours: Auroral Blue, Midnight Black, Sky White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 101.8 cm2 (~87.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 500 nits typ. brightness
- 800 nits max brightness
- Android 10.0; ColorOS 7
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P95 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR GM9446
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, AF
- 2 MP B/W, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 44 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.65″, 0.7µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4025 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 30W: 50% in 20min (VOOC Flash Charge 4.0)
Oppo Reno 3 Pro Price and Availability
The Oppo Reno3 Pro is scheduled to launch on March 6 in Auroral Blue, Midnight Black, and Sky White colors.
- 8GB/128GB version costs INR29,990 ($415/€375)
- 8GB/256GB version costs INR32,990 ($455/€412)