Lenovo-owned Motorola has added a new phone to its E-series smartphone called Moto E6s. It falls into the category of E-series phones such as Moto E6, Moto E6 Play and Moto E6 Plus that were announced last year.
The newly introduced Moto E6s has waterdrop notch screen that delivers a tall aspect ratio. The rear side of the device features a dual camera. Being a low-budget series smartphone, the Moto E6s is packed with modest specifications.
The Moto E6s has a 6.1-inch IPS LCD Max Vision display that produces HD+ resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels. It offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a pixel density of 282ppi. The u-shaped placed on the screen is the home for its f/2.2 aperture 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
The rear side of the device has a dual camera system assisted by an LED flash. It includes an f/2.2 aperture 13-megapixel main lens and an f/2.4 aperture 2-megapixel depth sensor. The polycarbonate back also features a logo of the company that is integrated with a fingerprint sensor.
The MediaTek Helio P22 chipset that includes a 2GHz octa-core processor powers the Moto E6s. The SoC is coupled with 2 GB of RAM. The native storage of the phone is 32 GB. There is a storage expansion slot onboard.
The Android 9 Pie OS comes preloaded on the Moto E6s. The phone is backed by a 3,000mAh battery that supports only 5W charging. Its other features include single / dual-SIM variants, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB and 3.5mm headphone jack. The handset measures 155.6 x 73 x 8.5mm and has a water-repellant construction. It weighs 160 grams.
The Moto E6s is eerily similar to the Moto E6 Plus. The only noticeable differences on the E6 Plus is that it features an 8-megapixel selfie camera and supports 10W charging.
Moto E6s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, March 17
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March
- Dimensions: 155.6 x 73 x 8.5 mm (6.13 x 2.87 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 160 g (5.64 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colours: Peacock Blue, Sunrise Red
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 91.3 cm2 (~80.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 32GB 2GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2, 1.12µm
- Features: HDR , panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- Charging: Yes
Moto E6s Price and Availability
The pricing of the Moto E6s is yet to be revealed by Motorola. It has only confirmed that the phone will be made available in Latin America, Europe and Asia in the coming weeks.