Apple has started rolling out the stable 13.4 build for compatible iPhones and iPads – iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4. This is the fourth major update of iOS 13, and it brings a large number of changes, improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
IOS 13.4: New Features
The latest update to iOS 13.4 includes interesting improvements that are worth it. In theory, the final version of iOS 13 might only arrive until next month, perhaps with the launch of the expected iPhone 9. Hence, there are still weeks for Apple to work on this update version and include new improvements. At the moment, this is all we know:
- iCloud shared folders: With iOS 13.4, we can now share a folder that we have in Files with several people through iCloud. You can manage the permissions so that the rest of the people can only see the files in those folders, or they can also edit them. To do this, users have to touch and hold a folder in the Files app, click on the share icon, click on Add people and choose both with whom they want to share it and through which application.
- TV App: The TV application available on iOS and iPadOS is the place from which we can see Apple TV+ and many more series from other platforms. Now there are new configuration settings that come with the iOS 13.4 update. These options have been added to enable mobile data downloads, to choose the quality or limit the use of data, and also options when downloading content.
- New bottom bar in Mail: Apple had already fixed the bottom bar that appears in the mail app. And in this new update, it has decided to retouch the design by moving the answer icon to the left and also adding the one to write a new email.
- CarKey: With the previous beta, a new function appeared that would allow us to use our iPhone as a key in our car with NFC technology. Now the latest update adds a new feature. That will allow the locking, unlocking, and operation of some NFC-equipped cars using individual iPhone or shareable stored vehicle keys.
- New Memoji Stickers: With iOS 13 and iPadOS, Memoji arrived on all devices, even if they do not have Face ID, through Memoji Stickers. These are stickers with our faces and different purposes that we can send by any app, including WhatsApp. Now with iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4, there are up to 9 new Memoji Stickers to share.
- Support for AliPay Wallet application: The digital payment solution developed by Alibaba, which is used by 50% of the population in China.
Specific New Features On iPadOS 13.4
- Keyboard shortcuts: In the iPad, there are new keyboard shortcuts for Photos to navigate between tabs, search, and create albums. In full-screen mode, there are also keyboard shortcuts for deleting photos, duplicating photos, and entering Edit mode.
- Shazam now supports the Shortcuts app.
- Remapping keys on iPadOS: there is now a new option to remap keys on a keyboard that is connected to an iPad.
- Advanced mouse and trackpad support: With iPadOS 13.4, the iPad now comes with support for external mouses and keyboard. Users can now use any compatible accessory with this version, and there are also no restrictions regarding models.
While Apple is also rolling out 13.4 update for iPhone, iPad, tvOS and the HomePod, Apple Watch is also getting the watchOS 6.2 update with in-app purchases, and ECG and irregular heart rhythm notifications in Chile, New Zealand, and Turkey.
Not forgetting Macs as well, they are also getting the macOS Catalina 10.15.4 update with iCloud Drive folder sharing, Screen Time, time-synced lyrics in for Apple Music, Chrome password import and Netflix HDR in Safari, Universal Purchase support for apps across all Apple platforms, and customized reference modes for the Pro Display XDR.
How To Install Latest iOS Update
Installing the new versions is as easy as ever. Simply enter Settings, General, and Software Update. The system will automatically search for the new update version, and we will only have to click on “Download and install.” It is a large update, nearly 1GB, so it may take a little longer than usual to install. After the device restarts, you can enjoy its new features.