After flood of rumours and teasers, itâ€™s finally official – vivoâ€™s gaming sub-brand has announced the iQOO 3 5G smartphone. The smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 865 chipset, comes with liquid cooling technology, LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage, a lot of software tweaks for gamers and ultra-fast charging so you donâ€™t have to forget the phone for a long time due to power.
The vivo iQOO 3 5G is built around a 6.44-inc Super AMOLED display of Full HD+ resolution. There is a fingerprint scanner underneath, while in the top right corner nested inside a punch hole sits the 16MP selfie camera. The brand calls the screen â€œPolar View Displayâ€ and it can reach up to 1200nits brightness in some scenarios and supports HDR10+ content playback. It comes with a 180Hz touch sampling rate to minimize input lag, but a standard 60Hz refresh rate.
It comes with four cameras on the back – a 48MP f/1.8 Sony IMX582 main unit is joined by a 13MP f/2.46 telephoto shooter, a 13MP f/2.2 ultrawide angle snapper and a 2MP depth sensor.
One of the key talking points around the iQOO 3 is its 5G connectivity.
The vivo iQOO 3 5G comes with 55W Super FlashCharge capabilities – the company claims it can top up half of the 4,440 mAh power cell in 15 minutes. The user interface of the phone is called iQOO UI 1.0, based on Android 10, and brings along Ultra Game Mode that lets you block notifications and calls when gaming to minimize distractions.
It also sports two shoulder keys, which the company calls Monster Touch buttons. There is 4D game vibrations that simulate recoil when shooting a gun while gaming. Holding the two keys can activate Monster Mode that runs the chipset at 100% which may minimize lag on some occasions, but will certainly be taxing on the battery.
vivo iQOO 3 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G: 5G band 41(2500), 77(3700), 78(3500); SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, February 25
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March 4
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 9.2 mm (6.24 x 2.95 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 214.5 g (7.58 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- Colours: Volcano Orange, Tornado Black, Quantum Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.44 inches, 100.1 cm2 (~84.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- 180Hz touch-sensing
- Android 10.0; iQOO UI 1.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.5, (telephoto)
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4400 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 55W
Models: V1955A, I1927
vivo iQOO 3 5G Price and Availability
The vivo iQOO 3 is going to cell in three versions â€“
- 8/128 GB costs INR36,990 ($515/â‚¬475)
- 8/256 GB costs INR39,990 ($555/â‚¬512)
- 12/256 GB costs INR44,990 ($625/â‚¬575), the only 5G-enabled version.
First sales are scheduled for March 4, noon Indian time and will take place at iqoo.com and Flipkart.