Sony has today unveiled amazing smartphones which includes the Xperia 1 II flagship and Xperia Pro. The duo were the stars of the Sony event, however we also have the Xperia 10 II (pronounced Xperia Ten Mark Two) launched on the same day and could even go on to become the best seller.
Sony Xperia 10 II
The Sony Xperia 10 II comes with an efficient Snapdragon 665 chipset (4GB RAM, 128GB storage), three cameras (ultrawide, regular and telephone) and the biggest battery of any Sony mid-ranger to date.
The Sony Xperia 10 II is built around a 6-inch OLED panel with a 21:9 CinemaWide ratio and Full HD+ resolution.
It has an 8MP ultrawide angle shooter with 16mm focal length equivalent, a 12MP main snapper with PDAF and an 8MP 2x telephoto shooter, all lined vertically in the upper left corner.
The front-facing camera has an 8MP senor and is placed in a waterdrop notch in the center of the screen.
Sony Xperia 10 II is about 10% lighter than its predecessor Xperia 10 despite being slightly wider and taller. The battery is 3,600 mAh which is over 25% more than last year’s model. There is also Xperia Adaptive Charging that adjusts levels of power going to the cell so it prolongs the live of your battery.
Despite the increase in battery capacity, Sony managed to keep the Xperia 10 II slightly thinner than its predecessor. It is also water and dust tight with IP65/68 rating and has the latest Gorilla Glass 6 on the front and back.
Sony Xperia 10 II Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA)
- Announced: 2020, February 24
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, Q1
- Dimensions: 157 x 69 x 8.2 mm (6.18 x 2.72 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 151 g (5.33 oz)
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Black, White
- IP65/IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches, 84.1 cm2 (~77.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~457 ppi density)
- Android 10.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 12 MP, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, 52mm (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 8 MP, 16mm (ultrawide)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3600 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)
- USB Power Delivery
Sony Xperia 10 II Price and Availability
The Sony Xperia 10 II is coming out in Q2, with a choice of Black and White exteriors. The RRP is €370 for a 4G phone with 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage.