Motorola has announced its latest mid-rangers – the Moto G8 Power and Moto G Stylus. The first one comes with a huge 5,000 mAh battery, while the other comes with a stylus as that could easily be guessed from its name. The two pack 6.4-inch screens, Snapdragon 665 chipsets and very attractive pricing.
Moto G8 Power
The Moto G8 Power is features a 6.4-inch IPS 19:9 display of FHD+ resolution. The selfie camera layout and 16MP resolution is maintained but this time there are dual speakers.
Talking about its camera department, there’s a 16MP main shooter at the rear. There’s also an 8MP ultrawide snapper with a 118-degree field of view as well an 8MP telephoto module with 2X optical zoom. The fourth shooter is the same 2MP macro camera as on the G Stylus. The fingerprint reader is again located in the circular Moto dimple.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage which can be expanded via the microSD slot. According to Motorola, it comes with a water repellent design but no actual IP rating.
One of the key features of the device is its 5,000 mAh battery which comes with an 18W charger in the box. Motorola is advertising up to three days of usage on a single charge which is reasonable given the rather low power processor. The software front is covered by Android 10.
The G8 Power comes in Smoke Black and Capri Blue colors and will go for $249 in the US. Like the G Stylus, it’s expected to arrive later this Spring.
Moto G8 Power Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands:
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 28(700), 66(1700/2100)
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat13 600/100 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, February 7
- Status: Exp. release 2020, April 1
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.8 x 9.6 mm (6.14 x 2.98 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 197 g (6.95 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, aluminum frame (6000 series)
- Colours: Smoke Black, Capri Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 100.7 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2300 pixels (~399 ppi density)
- Android 10.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 16 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2.8″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, (telephoto), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.2, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
Moto G8 Power Pricing and Availability
This one is also going to be available in the UK with Amazon already taking pre-orders at £114. Availability there is expected to start on April 1.