Motorola has added two more mid-rangers to its smartphone catalogue – the Moto G8 Power and Moto G Stylus. The G8 Power comes with a huge 5,000 mAh battery, while the other comes with a stylus as you could have guessed from its name. The two sports 6.4-inch screens, powered by Snapdragon 665 chipsets and very attractive price tag.
Moto G Stylus
The Moto G Stylus is the more exciting entry-level device thanks to its built-in stylus, a first for Motorola. While it doesn’t come with the fancy pressure sensitivity and Bluetooth functionality of Samsung’s S Pens, you get the same basic utility at a fraction of the price. Motorola is also bringing its own Moto Note app which allows you to jot down notes and sketches as soon as you take out the stylus from its housing in the bottom right corner. There’s also a customizable quick launch menu that can house several shortcuts for your convenience.
The 6.4-inch IPS display of FHD+ resolution features a punch-hole cut-out for the 16MP selfie cam. The aspect ratio is 19:9.
The back houses the fingerprint reader inside the Moto logo and 3 cameras with a 48MP main shooter and a 16MP ultrawide Action Camera that is inherited from the Moto One Action. It’s important to note that this is a dedicated video camera and cannot shoot stills. The third shooter is a 2MP macro cam which comes with a 2cm focus distance.
Under the hood, we have the Snapdragon 665 chipset paired with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage which can be expanded via the micro SD slot. There’s a 4,000 mAh cell with 10W charging over USB Type C.
The phone boots Android 10 which comes with the neat Moto Actions. Other noteworthy specs include a 3.5mm headset jack, Bluetooth 5.0 and a Hybrid Dual SIM slot which can house 2 Nano SIMs or a single SIM and microSD card.
Motorola Moto G Stylus Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100), 71(600)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat13 600/100 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, February 7
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, April
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.8 x 9.2 mm (6.24 x 2.98 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 192 g (6.77 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, aluminum frame (6000 series)
- Colours: Yes
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 100.7 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2300 pixels (~399 ppi density)
- Android 10.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm (ultrawide), dedicated video camera (1080p)
- 2 MP, f/2.2, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected] (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Battery charging 10W
Models: XT2043, XT2043-4
Motorola Moto G Stylus Pricing and Availability
The Moto G Stylus will carry a price tag starting at $299 and is coming later this Spring. It’s only listed on the Motorola US website with availability for other markets yet to be detailed.