It might not be the splendid G9 or V60 announcement you were hoping to get, but LG just introduced three new K series smartphones with decent specs at a promised attractive price tag, although yet to get specific numbers.
The LG K61, K51S and K41S all run octa-core CPUs (likely MediaTek chipset) and have 6.5-inch screen diagonals (albeit with differing ratios). The trio has 4,000mAh batteries and all have some sort of MIL-STD 810G compliance for durability. They also all come with USB-C ports, four cameras and a fingerprint scanner on the back.
The LG K51S’ screen, also 6.5-inch is a slightly taller 20:9 FullVision Display and runs a lower HD+ resolution.
At the back of the phone, there’s a 32MP main camera, a 5MP ultrawide snapper and two 2MP sensors – dedicated macro and a depth sensor. On the opposite side is a 13MP selfie.
The LG K51S comes with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage.
LG K51S Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, February 18
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March
- Dimensions: 165.2 x 76.7 x 8.2 mm (6.50 x 3.02 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: g
- Colours: Titanium, Pink, Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~80.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 10.0
- CPU: Octa-core 2.3 GHz
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 32 MP, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP (macro)
- 2 MP (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Regular
LG K51S Price and Availability
The phone will be available in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Price is still undecided as at this write up.