TECNO has unveiled the Spark Go Plus – the phone joins the Spark Go which was announced last year. Just like its smaller sibling, this is an Android Go edition phone, but comes with a bigger display, bigger internal memory, better selfie camera sensor, and a bigger battery.
The LCD panel has 720 x 1,600px resolution (20:9 aspect ratio) and it covers 89.5% of the front. At full blast, the screen can put out 480 nits.
The TECNO Spark Go Plus is an Android Go phone, running HIOS 5.5.2 based on Android 9.0 Go edition. It’s powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 chipset (2.0GHz quad-core CPU) with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. The battery has 4,000mAh capacity.
This is a dual-SIM, dual VoLTE phone with two nanoSIM slots and a dedicated slot for a microSD (cards up to 128GB are supported). Additional connectivity includes 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2. A fingerprint reader is mounted on the back of the device.
Nestled at the top of the screen in a teardrop notch is the 8MP selfie camera. It has an 81° lens and a dedicated selfie flash. Around the back is another 8MP camera with a dual LED flash.
TECNO Spark Go Plus Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: January 2020
- Release Date: January 2020
- Android 9 Pie Go edition + HiOS 5.5.2
- Dimensions: 166.7 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: g
- Colours: Midnight Black. Vacation Blue. Hillier Purple.
- Build: Plastic
- SIM: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Type: IPS LCD Screen
- Size: 6.52 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- Memory Card Slot: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: 8 MP camera, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, Selfie flash, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Radio: FM Radio
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Fingerprint Scanner (rear-mounted)
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4000 mAh
- Charging: 5W standard charging
TECNO Spark Go Plus Price And Availability
Price: INR 6,300 (about $88/€80/N32,000).
Country Availability: India
Promo is currently ongoing now (for Indians) – TECNO is offering a free Bluetooth hands-free headset (worth INR 800) and a three month subscription to the Gaana Plus music streaming service (worth INR 300). The company also offers some peace of mind with a one-time free screen replacement and an extra month of warranty (12+1).