Rugged smartphones are a good business for Samsung, because the manufacturer sells resistant devices with some success.
The Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro is equipped with a 6.3-inch Full HD+ Infinity-O display with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by an octa-core Samsung Exynos 9611 processor clocked at 2.3GHz along with Mali-G72 GPU. The phone is loaded with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 512GB via microSD card slot.
On the camera front, the Galaxy XCover Pro is loaded with a dual-camera setup which comes with a combination of 25-megapixel primary lens along with an 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor. For the front, there is a 13-megapixel selfie shooter.
The rugged phone is loaded with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and it is also loaded with push to talk button. The device is IP68 certified making it water and dust resistant and it is loaded MIL-STD-810G certified.
The phone runs on Android 10 with OneUI 2.0 and it is loaded with 4020mAh battery. On the connectivity front, it supports Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, GLONASS, NFC and USB Type-C port.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, January 8
- Status: Release. Exp. release 2020, January 31
- Dimensions: 10 mm thickness
- Weight: 200+ g (7.41 oz)
- Colours: Black
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches, 109.4 cm2
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~466 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSD
- Main Camera: Dual
- 25 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single- 13 MP, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4020 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
Models: SM-G715FN, SM-G715F
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Price and Availability
The Galaxy Xcover Pro will be available from the company at a price tag of €499 starting from January 31 in Finland.
According to a report from WinFuture, the Xcover Pro should also hit other European markets, like Germany, sometime in February.