The PinePhone is a Linux smartphone that is capable of booting up into any one of four available Linux mobile operating systems. For user privacy and security, it also has six (6) hardware killswitches to disable/enable the following features at will: modem, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, microphone, headphone, front camera, and rear camera.
PinePhone is expected in the market in March 2020. The handset features a 5.95-inch display, Allwinner A64 chipset, 2 MP Selfie camera, 5 MP dual rear camera, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, and a 3000 mAh battery.
Here are the detailed PinePhone specs, release date and price.
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE B1(2100) / B2(1900) / B3(1800) / B4(1700/2100) / B5(850) / B7(2600) / B8(900) / B12(700) / B13(700) / B18(800) / B19 / B20(800) / B25(1900) / B26(850) / B28(700) / B38(2600) / B39(1900) / B40(2300) / B41(2500)
- 5G: No
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: Expected, March 2020
- Status: In Development
Mainline Linux Mobile. PinePhone will automatically boot to any ARM distro from microSD if a bootable card is inserted. Some Linux kernels are available for phones, including:
- Ubuntu Touch
- Sailfish OS
- Maemo Leste
- Dimensions: 160.5 x 76.6 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 180-200g
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic
- SIM Type: Micro SIM
- Type: IPS LCD screen
- Size: 5.95 inches
- Resolution: 1440 x 720 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.8 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Allwinner A64
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali 400 MP2
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 2TB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 5 MP camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 720p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 2 MP, f2.0 Aperture, Face Recognition, 720p@30fps video capture.
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light, Gyroscope (G-Sensor)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Lithium-Ion 3000 mAh
- Charging: 15W Fast Charging + USB Power Delivery
PinePhone Price and Availability
Country Availability : Global Online.
Price: Estimated price will be $150 (about â‚¦53,000).