What a cool way of starting a new decade for our Opera in Nigeria. Following the recent free browsing promo by the company, it has again joined hands together with MTN Nigeria to launch three special data plans for Opera Mini and Opera News users on the leading network.
According to Opera, the data plans are designed to offer you the same amount of MBs the regular data plans offers you but yet at less cost. This is thanks to Opera apps’ built-in data saving capabilities with up to 90% savings.
As earlier stated, the data plans can only be use on Opera MiniÂ andÂ Opera News.
How To Subscribe To Opera Data Plans
To start using your Opera data plan, simply follow these three steps.
Via USSD Code
- DIAL/CALLÂ *131*3#Â from your phone
- In the pop-up menu, CHOOSE optionÂ 9Â â€“Â Opera MiniÂ & News
- SELECT your choice of plan,Â 1Â â€“Â Daily, 2Â â€“Â Weekly, or 3Â â€“Â Monthly
Via SMS Keywords
You can also send a direct SMS to 131 with the following keywords to purchase your plans:
- SEND an SMS with â€œOBDâ€Â for a daily 25MB plan for 20N to 131
- SEND an SMS with â€œOBWâ€Â for a weekly 100MB plan for 50N to 131
- SEND an SMS with â€œOBMâ€Â for a monthly 300MB plan for 100N to 131
Upon successful subscription, you are expected to receive a confirmation SMS indicating that your data plan is now active.
Who can get Opera and MTNâ€™s special data packages?
MTN subscribers that have Opera Mini or Opera News installed can purchase these attractive data plans to browse the internet.
What data packages are available?
You can get the best value for your money in mobile data with these Opera and MTN data packages:
- 25 MB for 20 Naira, valid for 1 day
- 100 MB for 50 Naira, valid for 7 days
- 300 MB for 100 Naira, valid for 30 days
*These data plans include browsing only. Video streaming and file downloads are charged out of your normal data bundle. The data plans promotion is available for Nigerian MTN subscribers.Â