This is definitely a good news for anybody in possession of a device already updated to the MIUI 11 Global Stable. A few hours ago, Xiaomi released an update of the system launcher (in alpha version) that finally brings support for the app drawer. The feature was before now exclusive for smartphones sold in the Asian market.
The new mode that uses the app drawer can be activated at the user’s choice within the launcher settings. To access the installed apps, simply swipe upwards. Below is the installation guide.
How To Enable App Drawer On MIUI 11:
- Download the MIUI system launcher latest alpha build
- Open the installation package
- Enable “Allow from this source” in the Install unknown apps settings (if applicable)
- Once the build is installed, go to the home screen
- Tap on Settings, select more. This will take you to Home screen settings
- Now, tap on “Home screen.”
- Select “With app drawer” home screen layout
Now, swipe up on the home screen to use the much-awaited app drawer on your Xiaomi device.
Users can also make changes to the app drawer, such as which app categories to display, changing the background color, and much more.