After splitting away from the Xiaomi, Poco will soon unveil its much-awaited new smartphone – Poco X2 on February 4. Due to immense sales and popularity of Poco F1, various third-party developers are aggressively developing support for custom ROMs, Kernels, MODs, and frameworks.
Meanwhile, Poco is rolling out MIUI 11 for Poco F1 in some parts around the globe. The update is scarcely limited to few regions, and most of the users are still using the Android 9 based MIUI skin on their Poco F1 units. We have created a guide that will allow the Poco F1 owners to flash the Android 10 based MIUI 11 easily.
The user can flash the Android 10 on Poco F1 without wasting any time. The process won’t affect the root status of your device, and you will keep receiving future updates without any issue. There won’t be any warranty void after sideloading the official OTA update zip by following the guide below.
Features of MIUI 11:
- Refined Design – The user interface of the MIUI has become more minimalist and intuitive. The company has removed the unnecessary UI elements from the system.
- Always-on-display – The MIUI 11 has enabled customization options for Ambient display. The user can easily choose from different animated clocks, colorful backgrounds, and the ability to type.
- Mi Share – A nifty sharing tool from Xiaomi is also a part of the MIUI 11. The Mi Share allows the seamless transfer between Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, and Vivo smartphones.
- Efficient Battery Saver – The MIUI 11 brings improved battery Saver moe. It disables all the background services, and other resource-intensive tasks to save battery.
- Dark Mode – As like the Vanilla Android 10, the MIUI 11 also offers a global dark mode for all the apps, settings and other menus.
- Improved File Manager – Xiaomi has tweaked the file manager with inbuilt support for PDF, DOCX, and other Office files.
Better Sound Effects, Digital Wellbeing, notification enhancements, blur app previews, new keyboard, activity tracker, dynamic video wallpapers and a lot of other features are part of MIUI 11.
Poco F1 Specifications:
The Poco F1 was built around a 6.18-inch bezel-less display which features a small notch. The display sports the resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels, an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 and 403-pixel density. The display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass. It is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 coupled with an Octa-Core processor and Adreno 630 GPU.
Poco F1 is available in 64GB + 6GB, 128GB + 6GB, 256GB + 8 GB storage variants.
THe smartphone offers a dual rear camera module with a 12-megapixel primary and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, there is a 20-megapixel camera for selfie and video calling. There is a dual-LED flash, HDR and panorama features packed intact with the camera module.
In connectivity, Poco F1 offers a Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Radio, USB 2.0 Type-C, and OTG connector. There is Infrared face recognition, fingerprint sensor on the rear, an accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass sensors.
The beautiful yet powerful device comes packed with a 4000 mAg non-removable Li-Po battery that sports 18W fast charging. Poco F1 features a Graphite Black, Steel Blue, Rosso Red, Armored Edition and Kevlar.
How To Install Android 10 based MIUI 11 on Poco F1
Xiaomi has kept its promise of rolling out Android 10 for Poco F1. The company is rolling out Android update with the new firmware build number MIUI 188.8.131.52.QEJMIXM. The same update is currently limited to only a few users.
The new build includes all the luxuries of Android 10 and packs additional features from the Xiaomi side. There are some xiaomi exclusive features like swipe gestures, new navigation gestures and much more.
Poco F1 Android 10 MIUI 11 full stock firmware – MIUI 184.108.40.206.QEJMIXM
Poco F1 EU Stable MIUI 11 Android ROM – Download
- Make sure you have the latest stable update installed.
- Download the MIUI 11 Android 10 OTA update.zip from the section above.
- Move the update.zip file from PC to the root directory of the smartphone.
Steps to install Android 10 MIUI 11 on Poco F1
While installing, don’t stop the update by forcing a shutdown or rebooting. It may brick your device permanently.
- On your smartphone, open updater app on Poco F1 by heading to Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
- Tap three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip and wait for the installation to complete. (Note: Your phone will automatically reboot.)
- That’s it! Enjoy the Android 11 on Poco F1.
It is the most precise and straightforward procedure to install the Android 11 on Poco F1. If you experience any issues while installing, share it with us via the comments below.