Xiaomi smartphones are certainly great value for money when it comes to the hardware. However, talking about the software experience, it seems MIUI has taken a step back in terms of the user experience. And that is largely due to ads, bloatware and push notifications. Recently, MIUI was Xiaomiâ€™s strong suit as it brought many useful features that stock Android simply lacked. However, in the past few years, Xiaomi introduced ads to MIUIÂ and since then the company has pushed them down the userâ€™s throat.
Having said that, there is a way out and you can remove most of the ads from your Xiaomi device. So without further delay, letâ€™s go ahead and learn how to disable ads and push notifications in MIUI 11.
Note:Â If your device is not set to receive MIUI 11, check out article toÂ disable ads on older MIUIÂ phones.
1. Disable Ads in System Apps and Settings On MIUI 11
Before talking about push notifications, let’s first learn how to disable ads from system apps like Mi Video, Browser, File Manager et al in MIUI 11. Xiaomi has promised that itâ€™s bringing a one-click button to disable all system ads, but as of now, the feature as not arrived on MIUI 11. So until then, we need to disable ads from individual app settings.
1. Before anything, open Settings and move to â€œPasswords and Securityâ€. Here, open â€œAuthorisation and revocationâ€ and disable the toggle for â€œmsaâ€.Â msaÂ stands for MIUI System Ads and itâ€™s responsible for collecting data and pushing ads on Xiaomi smartphones. At first few tries, it wonâ€™t get deactivated soÂ try 4-5 times and msa will be turned off successfully.
2. Having done that, now open individual apps that annoy you with ads and turn off the recommendations. For instance, if you use Xiaomiâ€™s Mi Browser then open the Browser app and move to its Settings. Here,Â open the â€œPrivacy and Securityâ€ menu and then disable â€œPersonalized servicesâ€.Â Thatâ€™s it.
3. Similarly, to disable ads in Mi Video, open the app and go to â€œSettingsâ€. Here,Â turn off â€œOnline recommendationsâ€ and â€œPush notificationsâ€.Â This way, you can disable ads for each app in MIUI 11.
4. To give you one more example, open native File Manager app and navigate to the â€œSettingsâ€ page. Here, go to â€œAboutâ€ and disable â€œRecommendationsâ€ toggle. Basically,Â the toggle will be hidden insideÂ Additional settingsÂ orÂ SecurityÂ orÂ About orÂ anything on similar lines.Â All you have to do is find the recommendation toggle under any menu and disable it.
5. Next, disable the lock screen ads which Xiaomi pushes as the â€œWallpaper Carouselâ€ feature. Open Settings -> Lock Screen -> Wallpaper Carousel ->Â Disable the toggle for â€œTurn on Wallpaper Carouselâ€. Thatâ€™s it.
2. Blocking Push Notifications in MIUI 11
After dealing with ads, letâ€™s now move to disabling push notifications in MIUI 11. At this point, push notifications through the default web browser and other native apps have become pretty annoyingÂ as they relentlessly push inappropriate content notifications and irrelevant ads on your device. So without further ado, letâ€™s fix the notifications first.
1. Whenever you are alerted with an irrelevant notification, do not dismiss it at first glance. Instead,Â tap and hold on the notification and disable the toggleÂ and then tap on â€œDoneâ€. This is the fastest and easiest way to block push notifications in MIUI 11 from that particular app.
2. However,Â if you want to inspect all the apps and disable notifications one by oneÂ then open â€œSettingsâ€ and navigate to the â€œNotificationsâ€ menu. Here, you can easily disable notifications for all the apps. I would recommend you to disable notifications for Browser, GetApps, Dailyhunt and Mi Video as they are the ones who send push notifications incessantly.
How To Remove Ads From Xiaomi Smartphones
So that is how you can completely disable Ads on smartphones running MIUI 11 without rooting them. I have divided the guide into two parts so that you can go through the process step by step. For general users, section 1 and 2 will be enough to disable most of the ads.
Anyway, that is all from us. If you have some questions, comment down below and let us know. We will surely try to help you out.