CAT is a brand well-known for its construction and heavy-duty machines and equipment. Well, the company has been in the smartphone industry for a few years now. The latest introduction to CATâ€™s collection of ruggedized smartphones is the CAT S32.
The CAT S32 features a 5.5-inch 720p display with 18:9 aspect ratio and the display is protected by DragonTrail Pro Glass. The phone can be operated with either wet fingers or while wearing gloves.
On that topic, the smartphoneâ€™s body is rated for IP68 water resistance (1.5m up to 35 minutes) and is MIL SPEC 810G compliant for shocks and vibrations â€“ drop tested from 1.8m onto steel. The housing is made of a rubberized material that offers excellent grip, and youâ€™d never need to throw it into a case. On the left is a customizable key that can be useful for push-to-talk applications.
Under the hood is the a MediaTek Helio A20 quad-core chipset powering the CAT S32, paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. Although that isnâ€™t very impressive on paper, it will likely yield at least two days of battery with the 4,200 mAh battery.
The phone supports CAT 6 LTE speeds VoLTE, and Wi-Fi calling. Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and a 3.5mm headphone jack are all standard equipment. Finally, thereâ€™s a 13MP camera on the back and a 5MP selfie camera.
CAT S32 Specifications
- 2G Bands: 2,3,5,8
- 3G Bands: 1,2,4,5,8
- 4G Bands: LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28
- Speed: HSAP, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, January
- Status: 2020, January
- Dimension: – mm
- Weight: g
- Colour: Black
- SIM: nano SIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 35 mins)
- Drop-to-concrete resistance from up to 1.8m
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS
- Size: 5.5 inch
- Resolution: HD + 1440 Ã— 720 18:9
- Protection: DragonTrail Pro glass
- CPU: MediaTek Helio A20 MT6761D 1.8GHz quad-core
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8300
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (up to 128GB for microSD)
- Main camera: 13 MP
- Front camera: 5 MP
- Android 10
- WLAN: 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 & 5GHz)
- Bluetooth: V5.0
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-Removable 4200 mAh
- Sensor: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
CAT S32 Price and Availability
The CAT S32 will be available from www.CatPhones.com with a suggested-retail price of â‚¬299.
You can go to the site to check out the brandâ€™s higher-end models. And if CAT isnâ€™t your thing, thereâ€™s a new Samsung XCover Pro rugged smartphone to please you.