CAT is a brand well-known for its construction and heavy-duty machines and equipment. Well, the company has been in the smartphone industry for a few years now. The latest introduction to CAT’s collection of ruggedized smartphones is the CAT S32.
The CAT S32 features a 5.5-inch 720p display with 18:9 aspect ratio and the display is protected by DragonTrail Pro Glass. The phone can be operated with either wet fingers or while wearing gloves.
On that topic, the smartphone’s body is rated for IP68 water resistance (1.5m up to 35 minutes) and is MIL SPEC 810G compliant for shocks and vibrations – drop tested from 1.8m onto steel. The housing is made of a rubberized material that offers excellent grip, and you’d never need to throw it into a case. On the left is a customizable key that can be useful for push-to-talk applications.
Under the hood is the a MediaTek Helio A20 quad-core chipset powering the CAT S32, paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. Although that isn’t very impressive on paper, it will likely yield at least two days of battery with the 4,200 mAh battery.
The phone supports CAT 6 LTE speeds VoLTE, and Wi-Fi calling. Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and a 3.5mm headphone jack are all standard equipment. Finally, there’s a 13MP camera on the back and a 5MP selfie camera.
CAT S32 Specifications
- 2G Bands: 2,3,5,8
- 3G Bands: 1,2,4,5,8
- 4G Bands: LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28
- Speed: HSAP, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, January
- Status: 2020, January
- Dimension: – mm
- Weight: g
- Colour: Black
- SIM: nano SIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 35 mins)
- Drop-to-concrete resistance from up to 1.8m
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS
- Size: 5.5 inch
- Resolution: HD + 1440 × 720 18:9
- Protection: DragonTrail Pro glass
- CPU: MediaTek Helio A20 MT6761D 1.8GHz quad-core
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8300
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (up to 128GB for microSD)
- Main camera: 13 MP
- Front camera: 5 MP
- Android 10
- WLAN: 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 & 5GHz)
- Bluetooth: V5.0
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-Removable 4200 mAh
- Sensor: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
CAT S32 Price and Availability
The CAT S32 will be available from www.CatPhones.com with a suggested-retail price of €299.
You can go to the site to check out the brand’s higher-end models. And if CAT isn’t your thing, there’s a new Samsung XCover Pro rugged smartphone to please you.