Chinese manufacturer – ZTE – has surprised the entire world by suddenly launching the first smartphone in the world to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865. Meet the ZTE Axon 10s Pro 5G.
ZTE Axon 10s Pro 5G Is The First Smartphone Powered By SD865
The Axon 10s Pro 5G is indeed powered by the latest and most powerful chipset by Qualcomm currently, along with its 5G capabilities. Thus ZTE’s flagship will support 5G networks in dual-mode NSA / SA. This means the handset will be able to take advantage of a larger number of 5G bands for a smoother browsing experience. Additionally, the smartphone will also adopt the latest WiFi 6 standard.
Other hardware on the Axon 10s Pro 5G (that we know of) includes high speed LPDDR5 RAM (most likely starting at 8GB); UFS 3.0 fast storage and a 4000mAh capacity battery.
The smartphone will also come with ZTE’s self-developed new-generation all-scenario AI engine Z-Booster 2.0 algorithm, which intelligently allocates system resources through AI. Accelerating and optimizing games and multi-tasking to maximize the performance of the machine.
The ZTE Axon 10s Pro will then support Link-Booster intelligent network acceleration. Allowing the smartphone to use multiple concurrent network connections at the same time and handle complex signal environments more easily.
As per operating system; ZTE‘s phone will come pre-installed with MiFavor 10 system based on Android 10. According to the phone maker, the new UI style “perfectly matches the simple and agile appearance of AXON 10s Pro 5G, drawing inspiration from the waves, refining expression from natural rhythm and redesigning more than 1,600 system icons”. In other words, it’ll have a simple design while being very functional.
ZTE AXON 10s Pro 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G bands: 5G band 41(2500), 78(3500); SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G (2+ Gbps DL)
- Announced: 2019, December
- Status: Q2, 2020
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 73.4 x 7.9 mm (6.27 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- Colours: Blue, Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.47 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~87.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; MiFavor 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage/RAM: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, UFS3.0
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 11mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.8″, 1.0μm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 4+)
- Qi wireless charging
ZTE AXON 10s Pro 5G Pricing and Availability
This all sounds very good, but when is the ZTE AXON 10s Pro 5G hitting the market? Well, as always in these cases, the smartphone will actually be available in the first half of next year. As a matter of fact, the company did not even reveal its official pricing but we expect it to start at CNY3,000 (that’s under $450/€400).