YouTube had on Thursday released its Rewind 2019 video with a new format that includes a montage of the most views clips on YouTube this year, ditching the older format with original content that saw last year version – Rewind 2018 video – becoming the most ‘disliked’ video in the history of the website with more than 16 million users expressing their displeasure for major unknown reasons.
YouTube Rewind 2019
The new format includes shots from the most-watched and most-liked videos on the platform this year, from the biggest games to must-watch beauty palettes and breakout stars. While the jury is still out on this year’s effort, the company at least made no excuses for its 2018 misstep, admitting that it messed up last year, saying:
“In 2018, we made something you didn’t like. So in 2019, let’s see what you DID like”.
YouTube Rewind 2019: These are the Most watched Music Videos in Nigeria for 2019
The Rewind 2019 revealed the top 15 trending videos in Nigeria within the year, ranging from scripted entertainment to documentaries, to comedy. The list ranges from Mark Angel Comedy’s commander to Zlatan & Burna Boy’s Killin Dem, Sports highlights to Big Brother Naija’s Finale.
The top trending videos on YouTube for 2019 are based on views, shares, comments, likes and more. YouTube Rewind brings together the biggest viral videos featuring today’s biggest YouTube stars, mainstream and current affairs personalities.
Top 15 Most watched music videos by Nigerians in 2019
- Zlatan x Burna Boy – Killin Dem (Official Music Video) OnASpaceship
- Davido x Chris Brown – Blow My Mind (Official Video)
- Rudeboy – Reason With Me [Official Video]
- Naira Marley x Zlatan – Am I A Yahoo Boy (Official Video)
- Kizz Daniel – MADU (Official Video)
- Naira Marley – Soapy [Official Video]
- Teni – Uyo Meyo (Official Video)
- Benson Ken – Is back with a Powerful Worship Medley – Talent Hunt 9.
- Adekunle Gold x Simi – Promise (Official Video)
- Rema – Dumebi ( Official Music Video )
- Rudeboy – Double Double [Official Video] ft. Olamide , Phyno
- Fireboy DML – JEALOUS (Official Music video)
- Larry Gaaga x Wizkid – Low
- Timaya – Balance (Official Video)
- Teni – Power Rangers (Official Video)
YouTube Rewind 2019: Global
Overall, the losing battle with T-Series notwithstanding, it was another great year for PewDiePie, who finished as the most-watched creator on the platform with more than 4 billion views. The other names in the top-5 include Felipe Nato, Pencilmation, Jelly and David Dobrik. The top-10 ‘Breakout Creators’ list had one familiar name for all cricket fans – Shoaib Akhtar – the Pakistani former fast bowler whose channel now has almost 2 million subscribers who seem to be lapping up his colorful views on all things cricket (and more).
Overall, the most-liked videos included Señorita by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello, Boy with Luv by K-pop sensation BTS ft. Halsey, Kill this Love by BlackPink, Bad Guy by Billie Eilish and Old Town Road by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus. So do you like this year’s video any more than the one from last year? Let us know in the comment section below.