Samsung has today launched the first members of its Galaxy A (2020) series – Galaxy A51 and Galaxy A71.
Samsung Galaxy A71
Just like the Galaxy A51, the all-new Galaxy A71 features an Infinity-O FHD+ Super AMOLED 20:9 display but at 6.7-inches. It also comes with the same 32MP with f/2.2 aperture fixed in the punch hole which is slightly larger than the A51.
The phone is powered by a much powerful Snapdragon 730, instead of the Snapdragon 675 found on its predecessor. The chipset is paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. It also comes with a dedicated microSD card slot to expand the storage up to 512GB if needed.
The Samsung Galaxy A71 features a shiny plastic build similar to its predecessor which is easily subjected to scratches.
As far as camera is concerned, the L-shaped quad-camera setup is the same as the Galaxy A51 but instead of the 48MPÂ primary sensor, it comes with a huge 64MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture. That means the other sensors are 5MP(f/2.2) depth unit, 5MP(f/2.4) macro camera, and a 12MP(f/2.2) ultra-wide shooter.
The phone runs One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 and features an in-screen fingerprint sensor for authentication along with USB Type-C and 3.5mm headphone jack. Lastly, it is backed by a 4,500mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A71 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, December
- Status: Release 2019, December
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 76 x 7.7 mm (6.44 x 2.99 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 179 g (6.31 oz)
- Build: Front glass, plastic body
- Colours: Prism, Crush Black, Silver, Blue, Pink
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~87.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (wide), dedicated macro camera
- 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/240fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market dependent)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 25W
Models: SM-A715F, SM-A715FN, SM-A715GM, SM-A715MN, SM-A7150, SM-A715W
Samsung Galaxy A71 Pricing and Availability
Samsung is yet to reveal the price and availability of the Galaxy A71, however, we can expect it to go on sale by December end or early January.