Samsung has today launched the first members of its Galaxy A (2020) series – Galaxy A51 and Galaxy A71.
Samsung Galaxy A51
The Galaxy A51 is powered by the Exynos 9611 SoC paired with up to 8GB RAM. It runs Android 10-based One UI 2.0 out of the box and has up to 128GB of storage onboard. It also comes with a microSD card slot, which allows storage expansion by up to 512GB.
The Galaxy A51 features a 6.5-inch 20:9 Infinity-O Super AMOLED display of FullHD+ resolution that has a fingerprint reader underneath and a punch hole in the center for the 32MP selfie camera.
The smartphone flaunts a mirror back with a diamond-cut design which is home to an L-shaped quad camera setup comprising a 48MP main, 12MP ultrawide (123-degree FOV), 5MP depth, and 5MP macro units. These cameras come with features like Smart Switch, Live Focus, and Super Steady Video.
The Galaxy A51 packs a 4,000 mAh battery with 15W fast charging and has four color options – Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Blue, and Prism Crush Pink.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, December
- Status: Release 2019, December 26
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.6 x 7.9 mm (6.24 x 2.90 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 172 g (6.07 oz)
- Colours: Prism, Crush Black, White, Blue, Pink
- Build: Front glass, plastic body
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~87.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (wide), dedicated macro camera
- 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market dependent)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
Models: SM-A515F, SM-A515FN, SM-A515GN, SM-A515FM, SM-A515YN, SM-A515W
Samsung Galaxy A51 Pricing and Availability
The A51 carries a price tag starting at VND7,990,000 ($350/â‚¬310) and pre-booked in Vietnam starts from December 16, with sales commencing from December 27.
Those who pre-order the A51 will get free gifts worth up to VND1,580,000 ($70/â‚¬60), which include Samsung’s C&T ITFIT A08C Wireless Bluetooth earphones and a 10,000 mAh power bank.