Oppo has launched the Reno 3 lineup in its home market, while the Western world is still recovering from the feast of food and emotions and presents that is Christmas. The lineup comes in two variant – the Reno 3 Pro and the Reno 3, both of which come with 5G connectivity.
The Pro version is powered by a Snapdragon 765G chipset, while the vanilla Reno3 is the first smartphone to be powered by the MediaTek’s new Dimensity 1000L SoC.
Oppo Reno 3 Pro
The Reno 3 Pro has a 6.5-inch OLED panel with a 90 Hz refresh rate and a punch hole for the selfie camera. The panel has a 180 Hz touch detection rate for less lag and better gaming. It also comes with 100% DCI-P3 coverage and HDR10+ support.
The Reno 3 Pro comes with so-called 5x hybrid zoom, which is 2x optical, the rest is done digitally. There are four cameras on the back – 8 MP ultrawide-angle + 48 MP main + 2 MP Black & White + 13 MP telephoto shooter. There is one camera on the front in the upper-left corner, inside the punch hole – a 32 MP snapper.
The Reno 3 Pro comes with 4,025 mAh batteries with 30W VOOC 4.0 support. It goes from 0 to 50% in 20 minutes, and 0 to 70% in half an hour. Oppo is so confident the battery will take the beating of the 5G networks, it advertises the phone as “5G experience, 4G battery life”.
Other highlights of the phone include ColorOS 7 on top of Android 10 and stereo speakers. Checkout the full specs of Oppo Reno 3 below:
Oppo Reno 3 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: 5G band 41(2500), 78(3500); SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, December 26
- Status: Release, 2019, December 31
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 72.4 x 7.7 mm (6.28 x 2.85 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 171 g (6.03 oz)
- Build: Front glass (Gorilla Glass 6), back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colours: Blue/Red, Green/Blue, Black, White
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~88.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot), UFS2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, 5x optical zoom
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4025 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 30W (VOOC Flash Charge 4.0)
Models: PCRM00, CRT00
Oppo Reno 3 Pro Price and Availability
The Reno 3 Pro comes in four colors (White, Black, Starry Night Blue, Sunrise).
The 8GB / 128GB version costs CNY3,999 ($570/€515) and goes on pre-order on December 31.
The 12/256 GB version is CNY4,499 ($640/€580) and is coming on January 10.
The third option is called Oppo Reno 3 Pro Pantone 2020 and comes in Classic Blue, the colour of 2020. It comes in a retail box where everything is white and blue, including the VOOC charger, the charging cable, and the predominantly white case. The price for this phone with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage is CNY4,199 ($600/€540).