OPPO has silently launched the OPPO A91 and OPPO A8 smartphones in China. The A91 is an advanced version of A8 as it comes with a full HD+ display, an in-screen fingerprint reader, quad rear cameras and fast charging technology.
The OPPO A91 features a 6.4-inch AMOLED display that offers full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and 20:9 aspect ratio. The display offers features like eye protection mode, DC dimming 2.0 and 3rd generation in-screen fingerprint sensor. It delivers a screen space of 90.7 percent.
Under the hood, the MediaTek Helio P70 chipset along with 8 GB of RAM powers the phone. The device offers users with an internal space of 128 GB. For more storage, users can add a microSD card to the phone.
The A91 comes with a 4,025mAh battery that is coupled with VOOC 4.0 fast charging. The company claims it takes only 30 minutes for the phone to gain 50 percent battery power through 30W charging tech. The ColorOS 6.1 based Android 9 Pie OS runs on the OPPO A91 smartphone. For enhanced gaming experience, the phone comes with Game Boost 2.0.
As far as camera is concerned, the display notch is the home for the OPPO A91’s 16-megapixel selfie camera.
The back panel of the phone features a quad camera system that has a 48-megapixel main lens, a 119-degree ultrawide lens of 8-megapixel, a 2-megapixel macro lens and a 2-megapixel. The quad cameras can capture stabilized vides, better portrait shots at night and it comes with AI video repair feature that enhances the video while recording. For better portrait shots, the OPPO A91 offers users with Portrait HDR that enhances the backlight while shooting selfies.
OPPO A91 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, December
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, December 26
- Dimensions: 7.9 mm thickness
- Weight: 172 g (6.07 oz)
- Colours: Dark Blue, Red, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.1
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771V Helio P70 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Availability: Non-removable Li-Po 4025 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 30W: 50% in 30 min (VOOC Flash Charge 4.0)
OPPO A91 Price and Availability
The OPPO A91 pre-order have started in China. It is priced at 1,999 Yuan (about $285).
The phone will be available for purchase for the first time from December 26 in China. We have no word on its availability outside of China.