Besides unveiling of the OPPO A91 phone, OPPO has also launched the OPPO A8 smartphone in China. The OPPO A8 is a budget-friendly phone that comes with a tall aspect ratio screen, a big-sized battery and a large native storage.
The OPPO A8 phone is built in polycarbonate body which sports a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display with waterdrop notch. The phone delivers an HD+ resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. There is an eye protection mode that filter the harmful blue light. According to OPPO, the A8 offers a screen-to-body ratio of 89 percent.
The phone is powered by the Helio P35 chipset which is paired with a 4 GB of RAM and a massive native storage of 128 GB. For more storage, the phone features a microSD card slot.
The smartphone boots to ColorOS 6.1 based Android 9 Pie OS. It tags along the Breeno smart assistant. It is backed by a 4,230mAh battery that promises 14 hours of online video watching and 7 hours of online gaming.
Talking about the photography department, the display notch is fitted with an 8-megapixel selfie shooter. The rear side of the smartphone has a LED flash enabled triple camera setup that includes a main lens of 12-megapixel. It is coupled with a 2-megapixel macro lens and a 2-megapixel depth lens.
OPPO A8 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, December
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, December 26
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.5 x 8.3 mm (6.45 x 2.97 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 180 g (6.35 oz)
- Colours: Green, Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~82.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.1
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 12 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, macro camera
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS
- USB: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4230 mAh battery
OPPO A8 Price and Availability
The OPPO A8 comes with a price tag of 1,199 Yuan (about $171). Buyers can now register for the smartphone through the OPPOShop.cn and other Chinese retailer sites.
The smartphone is scheduled to go on sale on December 26. There is no word on the availability of the OPPO A8 phone outside of the home market.