The Motorola One Hyper is now officially been launched. It is the first Motorola phone with a pop-up selfie camera. However, its “Hyper” name is essentially gotten from its 45W “Hyper Charging” feature.
The Motorola One Hyper adopted the pop-up selfie camera design rather than making use of notches or punch holes that can distract your viewing experience. The bezels are really slim, including the chin when compared to other Motorola phones.
Though it has a glossy back, it is not glass but plastic. Motorola does say the phone has a water repellent design. While leaked renders have shown the phone in multiple colors, only the Deep Sea Blue variant is available.
The phone has a 6.5-inch Total Vision display with a 2340 x 1080 resolution and a 90% screen-to-body ratio. Under the gradient body is a Snapdragon 675 processor and it has been paired with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. There is support for storage expansion via a MicroSD card slot. Owners will be able to add up to 1TB of storage.
The Motorola One Hyper is also the first Motorola phone with a 64MP primary camera. It has been paired with an 8MP ultrawide angle sensor for a dual-camera setup. The secondary camera has a 118° viewing angle and allows you to fit 4x more into your frame than a standard camera.
The pop-up camera is a 32MP sensor and it can shoot quad-pixel 8MP photos too. The camera has AI features such as smart composition, auto smile capture, AI portrait lighting, and shot optimization. There is also a night mode available for the 32MP selfie and 64MP rear camera.
Motorola has also added a laser autofocus system to allow you to focus the camera instantly and Electronic Image Stabilization. The phone has a portrait mode, a manual mode, spot color, slow motion mode, cinemagraph, high-res zoom, and support for RAW output.
The Motorola One Hyper has a 4000mAh battery that supports a new fast-charging technology it calls Hyper Charging. However, you only get a 15W TurboCharger in the box. Motorola says you have to purchase the 45W charger separately. However, if you have a USB PD 3.0 charger, that should work according to Motorola. The manufacturer says the phone should provide up to 38 hours of battery life.
The phone runs Android 10 out of the box and includes Moto Actions such as Quick Capture, Fast Flashlight, Three Finger Screenshot, and Pick Up to Silence.
Motorola One Hyper Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, December
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, December
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 76.6 x 8.9 mm (6.37 x 3.02 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 210 g (7.41 oz)
- Colours: Fresh Orchid, Deepsea Blue, Dark Amber
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 103.7 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~396 ppi density)
- Android 10; Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Dual
- 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3600 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 45W
Motorola One Hyper Pricing and Availability
An unlocked Motorola One Hyper carries a price tag of $399.
If you order the item on the Motorola US online store, you will get a free 32GB Moto G6 or Moto G6 Play. To get the free gift, you have to add both items to your cart. But, you will not be charged for the Moto G6 as its price will be $0.