vivo’s subsidiary, iQOO has finally launched a new gaming smartphone called the iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition in China. The handset is simply an enhanced version of the iQOO Neo 855 that was announced back in October.
The vivo iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition features a 6.38-inch S-AMOLED display that is integrated with a fingerprint reader. The waterdrop notch enabled display offers 19.5:9 aspect ratio, full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and HDR10.
The Snapdragon 855+ chipset that includes 2.96GHz octa-core processor powers the iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition smartphone. The device comes with up to 12 GB of RAM. The smartphone lacks a microSD card slot, but it comes with a large internal storage of 128 GB (UFS 3.0).
The FunTouch OS 9 based Android 9 Pie OS that is customized with Monster UI comes preloaded on the iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition phone. There is Multi-Turbo acceleration technology that enhances the overall performance of the device even while gaming. The smartphone comes with Game Box and Game Space 2.5 for enhanced gaming experience.
The iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition handset is backed by a big-sized battery of 4,500mAh battery. Vivo has included support for 33W fast charging on the device. There is a 10-layer heat dissipation system which includes liquid cooling, heat pipes and thermally conducive gel to maintain the internal temperature of the device.
The rear side of the iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition features a triple camera system with LED flash. It includes a primary lens of 12-megapixel with f/1.79 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultrawide lens with f/2.2 aperture and a 2-megapixel sensor with f/2.4 aperture. For snapping selfies, the device is fitted with an f/2.0 aperture 16-megapixel selfie shooter. The phone offers users with photography features like HDR, panorama, Super Night Scene 2.0, professional mode, AI scene detection and more.
iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz
- CDMA: 800MHz (BC0)
- 3G bands: WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900 / 2100MHz (B1 \ B19 \ B4 \ B5 \ B8)
- TD-SCDMA 1880 / 2010MHz (B34 \ B39)
- 4G bands: FDD-LTE B1 / B19 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B8, TDD-LTE B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41
- Announced: December 05, 2019
- Status: Release, December 12, 2019
- Android 9 Pie (Funtouch OS 9, iQOO Monster UI)
- Dimension: 159.53 x 75.23 x 8.13mm
- Weight: 198.5g
- Colour: Iceland Aurora, Carbon Black, Light Mint
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano)
- Type: Super AMOLED, HDR10, DC dimming
- Size: 6.38 inch
- Resolution: FHD + 2340 × 1080 19.5: 9
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 Plus SM8150-AC 2.96GHz Octa Core
- GPU: Adreno 640 (Multi-Turbo 2.0)
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB UFS 3.0
- Main Camera: Triple Camera
- 12 MP (Sony IMX363 F1.79)
- 8 MP (super wide-angle F2.2)
- 2 MP (depth F2.4)
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP, f2.0
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Jovi AI
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast Charging 33W
iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition Pricing and Availability
The iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition comes with an improved processor and carries a starting price of 2,598 Yuan (~$368). vivo is now receiving pre-orders of the iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition smartphone in China. Here is the pricing of the different variants of the phone.
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 2,598 Yuan (~$368)
- 12 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 2,798 Yuan (~$396)
Color variants: Iceland Aurora, Carbon Black and Light Mint
The first sale iQOO Neo 855 Racing Edition will be carried out on Dec. 12 in the home market.