Huawei has finally unveiled its nova 6 lineup after several months of leaks and rumours. The stellar of the show is the nova 6 5G which brings an oval punch-hole display alongside the flagship Kirin 990 chipset and a potent triple camera setup.
There’s also the standard nova 6 which comes in an identical design but skips on the 5G connectivity and has a slightly smaller battery. The third entry is the midrange nova 6SE which packs a quad-cam setup, Kirin 810 chipset and a generous 4,200 mAh battery.
Huawei nova 6 / nova 6 5G
Both the nova 6 and its 5G variant pack a 6.57-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with an oval punch hole in the top left corner. The cutout houses dual camera setup with a 32MP main shooter and an 8MP ultra-wide secondary sensor which brings a 105-degree field of view. The right-hand-side houses the fingerprint scanner which also serves as the power button. Going around the back we have a 40MP main camera alongside an 8MP telephoto module with OIS and an 8MP ultrawide shooter.
Under the hood, we have the flagship Kirin 990 chipset which is paired with the Balong 5000 5G modem on the nova 6 5G. RAM comes in at 8GB as standard while storage ranges between 128 and 256GB.
As far as the software is concerned, they run on Android 10 with EMUI 10 on top.
The nova 6 comes with a 4,100 mAh battery while the 5G version gets a boost to 4,200 mAh. Both phones come with 40W Huawei SuperCharge support.
Huawei nova 6 / nova 6 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 26(850), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: 5G SA / NSA; N1/N3/N41/N77/N78/N79 (For only 5G Version)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G (2+ Gbps DL)
- Announced: 2019, December
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, December
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 75.7 x 8.6 mm (6.40 x 2.98 x 0.34 in) / 162.7 x 75.8 x 9 mm (6.41 x 2.98 x 0.35 in) (For only 5G Version)
- Weight: 197 g (6.95 oz) / 212 g (7.48 oz) (For only 5G Version)
- Build: Front glass, aluminum frame
- Colours: Black, Blue, Red, Provence
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.2 cm2 (~84.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 10; EMUI 10
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 990 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×2.09 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.86 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP16
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM (For only 5G Version)
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF, Laser AF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4″, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 16mm (ultrawide), no AF
- Features: Panorama, HDR, LED flash
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, AF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery / Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 40W
Huawei nova 6 5G Price and Availability
The nova 6 5G comes with a price of;
- CNY 3,799 ($540) for the 8/128GB model
- CNY 4,199 ($595) for the 8/256 GB version
- CNY 3,199 ($454) for the 8/128GB model
Pre-orders start later today while official sales are scheduled to begin on December 12.