Mozilla Firefox has received an update that brings along a very useful feature to the popular browser. The update, which has currently rolled out on Windows, brings the picture-in-picture feature to the browser, so users can easily watch videos while browsing other tabs on their Windows PC.
How To Activate Picture-in-Picture feature on Firefox
To activate the feature, all a user has to do is hover over a video. This will show up a â€œpicture in pictureâ€ option on the video. Click on this option, and viola, your video will be playing in a small window on your screen.
The latest release also adds a lot of new developer tools features, which includes a Web Socket Message Inspector, a console multiline editor mode, login events, and a web panel full-text search. It also adds many important new Web platform features. These includes CSS subgrids, column spans, Promise.allSettled and Media Session API.
Firefox 71: Whats New?
Improvements to the integrated password manager Lockwise
- Firefox now recognizes subdomains and will also automatically populate domain login information via Lockwise
- Also, users with screen readers can now use Firefox Monitorâ€™sÂ integrated violation alert
More information on the enhanced tracking protection
- Firefox will also block encryption miner notifications
- Furthermore, by clicking on the address protection bar, you can access the running history of blocked trackers in the protection panel
And the picture-in-picture (PIP) function: allows the video to be contained in a separate small window, whether users switch from tab to tab or outside of the Firefox browser, you can still watch.
- VariousÂ security fixesÂ .
- Reimplements the configuration page in HTML (about: config)
- Firefox will now be available inÂ Catalan (Valencia) (ca-valencia), Tagalog (tl) and Triqui (trs)
- NewÂ kiosk modeÂ feature also provides maximum screen space for customer-facing displays
Adds support for developers, including:
- DevTools Network panel can nowÂ inspect WebSocket messages.Â It also automatically format various framework formats
- Consoleâ€™s newÂ multi-line editor modeÂ provides an IDE-like experience, making iterating over longer code sections easier
- The newÂ resource blocking feature of theÂ network panel can also simulate the effects of tracking protection, security, outages and bad connections for more reliable testing
- In the US, more features and improvements can be found in each version of DevToolsâ€™ New Features panel