Xiaomi has on Wednesday officially unveiled the much-rumoured Mi Note 10 at an event in Spain. As expected, the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 is a rebadged Mi CC9 Pro launch earlier this week in China. With this announcement, it means the Mi CC9 pro remain exclusive to China for now, since the same device will hit other markets as the Xiaomi Mi Note 10.
There seems to be no significant differences in hardware, but as you’d expect the Note 10 will run MIUI atop Google-approved Android, while the CC9 Pro will stick to Xiaomi’s own apps and services in China.
Also announced is the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro which is the global variant of the Xiaomi CC9 Pro premium edition announced on Tuesday in China. The 10 Pro is virtually the same device as the standard Mi Note 10, except for the replace of 7P lens with 8P lens in front of the 108 MP sensor with extra RAM and storage.
The highlights of the Mi Note 10 is its Penta-camera arrays, and beyond that is a 108MP sensor which Xiaomi co-developed with Samsung. The Mi CC9 Pro gets the same sensor, but the Mi Note 10 is the first to get a wider reach. Besides the 108MP sensor, the Mi Note 10 gets a 5MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom, 20MP wide-angle shooter, 12MP shooter with 2x zoom, and a macro camera capable of shooting from up to 1.5 cm.
It has dual flash, Night mode 2.0 with multi-frame noise reduction at raw level, and vlog mode with 7 templates for a cinematic-style vlog.
Beyond the cameras, the Mi Note 10 is also a device to reckon with in the power unit. It gets a 5,260 mAh battery, which perhaps is the largest in any Xiaomu smartphone. It supports 30w fast charging, but sadly do not offer wireless charging.
At the heart of the device is the Snapdragon 730G chipset, with 6 GB RAM and 128GB storage. It sadly does not support memory expansion, so there is no MicroSD slot.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 / Mi Note Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat15 800/150 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, November
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, December
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 74.2 x 9.7 mm (6.21 x 2.92 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 208 g (7.34 oz)
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colours: Aurora Green, Glacier White, Midnight Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.47 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~87.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 600 nits max brightness
- Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Storage: 6GB/128GB|8GB/256GB (Mi Note 10 Pro)
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Five
- 108 MP (7P lens), f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS |108 MP (8P lens), f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS (Mi Note 10 Pro)
- 12 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, 2x optical zoom
- 5 MP (upscaled to 8MP), f/2.0, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 1.0µm, Laser AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 720p@960fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Type: Non-removable Li-Po 5260 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 30W (58% in 30 min., 100% in 65 min.)
- USB Power Delivery
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro Price and Availability
The device will go on sale in Germany from November 11 and followed closely by Spain and Italy from November 15. Starting from November 18, those in France will be able to get their hands on the device, while it will roll out to the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg soon.
The Mi Note 10 starts at €549 (US$ 608), while the Mi Note 10 Pro costs as much as €649.