The highly leaked Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro is finally official with five on its back cameras, the main one having a 108 MP sensor.
The Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 730G, meaning it has an octa-core CPU with two performance cores running at 2.2 GHz.
The display is 6.47-inch Super AMOLED panel with Full HD+ resolution and a 19.5:9 ratio. It has curved edges and a waterdrop notch for the 32MP F/2.0 selfie camera.
The biggest talking point of the Mi CC9 Pro is undoubtedly the cameras on the back. Five lenses and four LED flashes (in two couples) are working to provide something for all the fans. The 108 MP camera uses a Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor, developed jointly with the Korean company and first introduced in the revolutionary Mi Mix Alpha.
Xiaomi proudly announced there is an F/1.7 8P lens (available only on a Premium Edition), making the Mi CC9 Pro the first smartphone in the world with such a lens. Along with the 1/1.33-inch sensor, this should result in super-detailed photos and unprecedented low-light performance.
There is also a telephoto camera with OIS that can provide a 5x optical zoom that goes up to 50x once the digital zoom kicks in. Xiaomi provided an ultrawide angle 20MP shooter with a 117-degree field of view, while the tiniest camera on the bottom of the setup is a 2-10 cm macro lens. Both the cameras work to provide closeups of details from a 1.5 cm distance, which is the closest-ever achieved by a smartphone.
The fifth camera is for portraits, but it isn’t your usual 2 MP depth sensor – it is a fully capable 12 MP telephoto lens with 2x zoom. That way you have the 50mm focal length for the best perspective, plus you get to fill the steps between the primary sensor and the 5x one with much less interpolation.
The Mi CC9 Pro has an impressive 5,260 mAh power cell that will charge to 58% in 30 minutes and to 100% in 65 minutes thanks to the 30W PD fast-charging. Running MIUI 11 on top of Android 9 Pie, the Mi CC9 Pro will be sold in Aurora Green, Glacier White, and Midnight Black colors.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat15 800/150 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, November
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, November 11
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 74.2 x 9.7 mm (6.21 x 2.92 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 208 g (7.34 oz)
- Colors: Aurora Green, Glacier White, Midnight Black
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.47 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~87.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 600 nits max brightness
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Five
- 108 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 94mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, 2x optical zoom
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 1.0µm, Laser AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120/240fps, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5260 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 30W (58% in 30 min., 100% in 65 min.)
- USB Power Delivery
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Price and Available
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro is available for pre-order today at 5 PM local time (11:00 CET) in two memory variants – 6/128 GB and 8/256 GB. Pricing is respectively CNY2,799 ($400/€360) and CNY3,099 ($440/€400), while a third variant, called Premium Edition (the one with the 8P lens) has an 8/256 GB storage is CNY3,499 ($500/€450).
Sales starts at midnight on November 11 at Xiaomi’s official channels in Mainland China.