Chinese smartphone brand UMIDIGI has announced yet another entry-level smartphones. Meet the UMIDIGI A3S and A3X. The UMIDIGI A3S / A3X is the successor model of UMIDIGI A3 which was announcedÂ back in September 2018.
The UMIDIGI A3S sports a 5.7-inch HD + (1440 x 720) display. The display size has changed from 5.5 inches (found on A3) to 5.7 inches. The new model features an 18: 9 aspect ratio display, dual camera, and fingerprint authentication, but also features a low price and is compatible with DSDV.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 MT6761 2.0 GHz quad core CPU, coupled with a 2GB RAM and a storage capacity of 16GB.
As far as camera is concerned, the A3S features a dual camera set up of 16 MP + 5 MP sensor while the front boast of a 13 MP sensor, F2.2.
The major difference between the A3S and the A3X is the RAM capacity. The UMIDIGI A3X also sports a 5.7-inch HD + (1512 x 720) display, powered by the MediaTek Helio A22 MT6761 2.0 GHz quad core, but comes with 3GB RAM and still maintains a storage capacity of 16 GB.
UMIDIGI A3S Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz. CDMA1X: BC0 /BC1
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz. TD-SCDMA: B34 /39. CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC
- 4G bands: LTE bands 1(2100 / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Android 10
- Dimensions: 153.7 x 72.9 x 8.45 mm
- Weight: 197g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Colours: Space Grey. Midnight Green.
- Build: Dual glass + aluminium frame.
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D curved glass screen
- Size: 5.7 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels,18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor Type: 2.0GHz Octa-core, Cortex
- Processor Name: Mediatek MT6761 (12nm)
- Graphics Processor: IMG GE8300
- RAM: 2 GB / 3 GB (A3X)
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: 16 MP main + 5 MP dual camera, dual LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: 13 MP, f2.0 Aperture, AI Beauty, 1080p@30fps video capture.
- Radio: RM Radio
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope (G-Sensor), Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-mounted), Face Unlock
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3950mAh
- Battery Charging: 5W Regular Charging
UMIDIGI A3S Price and Availability
Two colors, Space Gray and Midnight Green.Â It is scheduled to be sold at Chinese EC sites and is currently pre-ordered at the Official Store.Â The price is $59.99 (Introductory promo). That translates to about â‚¦22,000. This budget Android 10 phone is available from international online stores like AliExpress, Gearbest, and the like. Post-promo price is $79.99 (about â‚¦29,000).
The A3S will hit the market early next month. In the meantime, UMIDIGI is running a big Giveaway to recruit 10 trial users for its new smartwatch, UWatch GT. If you want to participate, justÂ enter the giveaway. To learn more about the company and the rest of its products, visit theirÂ official website.