Microsoft just launch a new Office beta app for Android that combines all the essential office tools. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. In fact, the app itself is called Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more.
The Announcement Of A New Office Applications
As you’d expect, the app will let you create, edit documents and manage documents on your Android phone or tablet. You can even collaborate on certain documents with friends and colleagues through the app. Something like Google’s Sheets, Docs, etc.
One standout feature is the ability to create PDF files from a photo or convert Word, Excel and PowerPoint files into PDF. Singing the latter with your finger and then sending is also possible.
The app is available now on Google Play Store but it might be a bit buggy at first since it’s still early access.
Key Features: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint combined in one app:
- Create, edit, and work together on documents with others in real-time.
- Store and access documents in the cloud or on your device.
- Easily access recent and frequently used files stored in the cloud or on your device.
- Search for documents stored in the cloud, on your phone, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Quickly perform common mobile tasks with in-built Actions:
- Instantly create PDFs from photos or Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Sign PDFs using your finger.
- Quickly jot down ideas and notes with Sticky Notes.
- Easily transfer files between your phone and computer or share instantly with nearby mobile devices.
- Scan QR codes to open links.