It was just last month, HTC announced its latest blockchain phone called the Exodus 1s, then followed up by Exodus 1 Binance Edition and now the Taiwanese company is bringing a more traditional entry-level device with the new Desire 19s.
The HTC Desire 19s sports a 6.2-inch IPS display with an HD+ resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio. There is a small waterdrop notch at the top for the 16MP selfie cam. Going around the glass back the Desire 19s has a textured bottom half and glossy top. The top left corner houses the triple camera setup which features a 13MP F/1.9 main cam, a 5MP F/2.2 ultrawide unit and a 5MP depth helper.
The phone is powered by the MediaTek Helio P22 chipset and that is paired with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage, which is expandable via microSD cards.
The Desire 19s boots Android 9 Pie with HTC’s Sense UI skin on top. The battery comes in at 3850 mAh and supports 10W charging over the Type-C port. Other extras include NFC and a headphone jack.
HTC Desire 19s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, November
- Status: Available. Released 2019, November
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 74.8 x 8.5 mm (6.15 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 170 g (6.00 oz)
- Colours: Blue, Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 95.9 cm2 (~82.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~271 ppi density)
- Android 9 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 32GB 3GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3850 mAh battery
- Charging: Battery charging 10W
HTC Desire 19s Price and Availability
The HTC Desire 19s is available in Free Blue and Yashi Black colors and goes for TWD 5,990 ($195). The phone is already on sale in Taiwan but there’s no word on international availability yet.
The phone is already available the company’s home market of Taiwan and will serve as a successor to last year’s Desire 12s.