WhatsApp is the most popular social messaging platform, with over 1.5 billion active users in 180 countries. Of course, with this popularity, it has always remained the favorite place for cybercriminals or intruders. They keep attacking the WhatsApp via malwares, and other hacking tools. Sometimes the internal loopholes also led them to flaunt the system. Apart from security lapses, WhatsApp is also home to most advanced messaging features throughout the Globe.
WhatsApp always keeps adding the features and enhancements to match the pace of evolving technology. After Google and other tech giants, the WhatsApp has finally bowed to users’ request of dark mode. They are partially rolling out the support for Dark Mode in WhatsApp on Android 10. However, it is not fully functional. The users need to tweak some settings to get the dark mode working.
There are many advantages of using the Dark Mode on digital devices.
Advantages of Dark Mode
- It reduces potential eye strain
- It saves battery on AMOLED display phones.
- Make phone usage comfortable during the night or low-lit environment.
- It even minimizes flickering and blue light.
Disadvantages of dark Mode
- Eye Fatigue due to the continuous usage of dark themes.
- Long contents are more challenging to read.
We have compiled a step-by-step guide to install enable WhatsApp Dark Mode on Android 10.
How to enable dark mode in WhatsApp on Android 10
- Head over to the Settings menu of Android 10.
- Now, Open About Phone > Tap Build number 7 times to unlock Developer Options.
- Browse to Developer Options > Override force-dark” setting and enable it.
(Note: This option will enable dark mode for both the supported and unsupported applications.)
- Now, Open WhatsApp and enjoy the darker color palette.
Note: WhatsApp Dark Mode is correctly working on Android 10 based OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 6 and ColorOS 6 based devices.
The above guide is expected to work on almost every device running Android 10. It is always recommended to switch to the dark mode if you having eye strain issues. This little tweak will really help you to reduce eye fatigue. Apart from the dark mode, some blue filter apps for Android are also present to reduce the ill-effects of continuous display usage.