Another Xiaomi smartphone has reportedly exploded in China. This time around, we are talking about a Redmi Note 7 Pro.
According to Song Yujie, a citizen of Zhoukou, Henan Province, the handset that he had purchased for his father and used for more than 3 months was â€œspontaneously ignitedâ€ while in use. He logged a report on November 27, and according to him, the phone was purchased on July 24 from Xiaomi Mall in China.
According to the report, the phone was kept on a quilt with the father using it to play a video. His sleep was abruptly interrupted by the smell of something burning. In despair, he saw that his phone was in flame. Fortunately, no extensive damage was done except for a charred device, burns to the quilt and a minor burn to Songâ€™s father while trying to put out the flame.
Song Yujie shared a picture showing that the phone is completely broken in several back parts after burning.
A Xiaomi after-sales customer service spokesperson said that Mr. Songâ€™s mobile phone which was on fire is identified as a â€œnon-mobile phone quality problemâ€. Xiaomi states that this incident has caused by external reasons and it hasnâ€™t to do with the smartphone quality. This is the second case of a Xiaomi smartphone burning. The first one was aÂ Redmi Note 7S with just one month of usage by Chavhan Ishwar. Xiaomiâ€™s India gave a similar response to Ishwar.
This brings us a serious concern, with the quality of Xiaomi smartphones. Could be the company sacrificing quality and safety for the sake of low price? But also raises a problem with the manner the company is treating its customers.