The Blackview A80 Pro is official globally and it’s the company’s new budget smartphone, expanding its existing A-series lineup. Well, the surprise came from the pricing as it costs just $79.99, an unexpected price tag for a quad-camera phone.
The Blackview A80 Pro has a 6.49-inch HD+ display with 720 x 1560 pixels resolution. The device has a water-dropping notch overhead where the selfies sensor is kept.
As far as camera is concerned, the Blackview A80 Pro comes with five camera sensors; four at the rear and one upfront. The camera on the back is a combination of a 13MP + 2MP + 0.3MP + 0.3MP main sensors, with a dual-LED flash. On the front, there is a single 8MP sensor for selfie and video chat.
The device runs on a Deca-core Mediatek Helio P25 SoC, clocked at 2.39 GHz, along with Mali-T880 GPU, 4GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card.
The A80 Pro is running Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box, and comes with other features such as; AI FaceID, a rear Fingerprint scanner, dual-SIM cards with full support for 4G VoLTE network, and a large 4680mAh battery juice out of the box.
Blackview A80 Pro Specifications
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 1900
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 28(700), 38(2600), 66(1700/2100)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, November
- Status: Available. Released 2019, November
- Dimensions: 155 x 74.8 x 8 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Build: Premium Plastic
- Colours: Coral Red, Gradient Blue, Emerald Green, Interstellar Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (2.5D Curved Glass)
- Size: 6.49 inches, 99.2 cm2 (~80.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~267 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch Resistant Glass
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25 (20 nm)
- CPU: Deca-core (2×2.5 GHz Cortex-A72, 4×2 GHz Cortex-A53, 4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4
- Storage/RAM: 4 GB/64 GB
- Memory Card Slot: Yes, up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Main Camera: Quadruple – 13MP + 2MP + 0.3MP + 0.3MP main sensors
- Features: Autofocus, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR, Face detection, Dual-LED Flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8MP
- Features: FaceID, Face Beautification, HDR
- Video: 720@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dual Dirac stereo speakers
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes
- USB: Micro USB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4680 mAh battery
- Charging: Regular
Blackview A80 Pro Price and Availability
Of course, there are many other excellent budget phones on the market but the A80 Pro is one of the most appealing in its price range. Starting at just $79.99 for the global open sale on November 29.