The ZTE Blade 20 is an entry-level smartphone perfect for our parents or kids. The phone has a 6.49-inch LCD on the front with 720p+ resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. ZTE claims 91.1% screen to body ratio, partly due to the teardrop notch.
The Blade is powered by a MediaTek Helio P60 chipset – the four A73 CPU cores (+ four A53) and a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU are more than fast enough for casual gaming. The phone comes with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage (expandable by up to 256GB microSD cards).
The camera department punches above its weight as well. The rear features a triple camera with a 16MP main shooter, 8MP ultra wide-angle cam (120°) and a 2MP depth sensor. Inside the notch in the screen is an 8MP selfie camera. Both front and rear cameras feature HDR modes and AI enhancement.
ZTE equipped the Blade 20 with a large 5,000mAh battery that promises 2 days of battery life. After that, the 18W fast charger (9V/2A) is quick to fill it back up. The Blade can even share its battery juice with other phones and devices. The one downside of all this is the microUSB port.
So, why is this a phone for parents and kids? The remote care features enable quick tech assistance – e.g. you can control the phone remotely to connect to a Wi-Fi network or disable data (to avoid charges when roaming). That’s great for users who are not tech savvy as explaining things over the phone isn’t always easy.
There’s also a timer that will alert you if your mom or kid hasn’t contacted you in 12 hours. On their side, there’s an SOS feature with 5 emergency contacts. You can also enable GPS or CellID tracking of the phone.
The ZTE Blade 20 won’t excite power users, but it offers interesting options for casual users – from long battery life to remote assistance.
ZTE Blade 20 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, October
- Status: Release 2019, October 28
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 76.6 x 9 mm (6.41 x 3.02 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Build: Front glass, plastic body
- Colours: Turquoise, Magic red
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.49 inches, 103.4 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~265 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Storage/RAM: 128GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 16 MP, f/2.0, PDAF
- 8 MP, 12mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.4
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes, Recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
ZTE Blade 20 Price and Availability
The phone will go on pre-order soon and shipments will start on October 28the. It will be selling on JD.com for CNY 1,000 ($140/€125).
ZTE Blade 20 Review Rating
We are yet to review the ZTE Blade 20 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the ZTE Blade 20 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.