The Oppo Reno Ace is the latest flagship phone from the Chinese manufacturer. It has been unveiled alongside the OPPO K5 upper mid-range device. The main selling features of the Reno Ace include 90Hz refresh rate display, Snapdragon 855+ mobile platform and 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 Flash Charge technology.
The blazing-fast 65W charger can fully top up the 4,000 mAh battery inside the Reno Ace in just 30 minutes. The GaN charger is also quite compact and supports USB-PD and Qualcomm’s Quick Charge standard.
Starting with the display, the Reno Ace packs a 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED panel with a 20:9 aspect ratio and 90 Hz refresh rate. There’s a small waterdrop notch for the 16MP selfie cam, an under-display fingerprint scanner and dual firing speakers.
At the back we have a a 48MP Sony IMX586 main shooter, 13MP telephoto camera with 5x hybrid zoom, 8MP ultrawide unit and a 2MP monochrome sensor.
Under the hood, the Snapdragon 855+ is coupled with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB UFS 3.0 storage. Oppo also added a heat dissipation pipe for optimal cooling during intensive tasks like gaming.
The Reno Ace runs Oppo’s ColorOS 6.1 on top of Android 10. Other notable features include a 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC and dual-frequency GPS.
Oppo Reno Ace Gundam Edition
Oppo also unveiled a limited 40th anniversary Gundam Edition Reno Ace. It has a special paintjob at the back in either red or blue and the company will offer special themed accessories for it.
There’s still no word on the pricing and availability of the Oppo Reno Ace Gundam edition
Table of Interests
Oppo Reno Ace Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, October
- Status: Release 2019, October
- Dimensions: 161 x 75.7 x 8.7 mm (6.34 x 2.98 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 200 g (7.05 oz)
- Colours: Psychedelic Purple, Starry Blue
- Build: Front glass (Gorilla Glass 6), back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- 500 nits max brightness
- 90 Hz
- DCI-P3 100%
- Android 10; ColorOS 6.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Storage/RAM: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, UFS3.0
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.2″, 1.4µm
- 2 MP B/W, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps (gyro-EIS); video rec. only with main camera
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 65W: 100% in 30 min (SuperVOOC Flash Charge)
Oppo Reno Ace Price and Availability
The OPPO Reno Ace has arrived in three variants in China. Their pricing are as follows:
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage for 3,199 Yuan ($449)
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage for 3,399 Yuan ($477)
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage (Gundam Edition) for 3,599 Yuan ($505)
- 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage for 3,799 Yuan ($533)
The 8GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB editions of the Reno Ace is expectec to be available with 200 Yuan (about $28) discount during its first sale in China on October 17.
The Gundam Edition has 3,599 Yuan (about $505) price tag. The pre-orders of this special edition phone will kick off on October 21 followed by market release on November 11.
The Chinese manufacturer is also selling Unicorn Gundam C1 gamepad that can be attached to the special edition Reno Ace. It is priced at 299 Yuan (~$42). Its pre-sales will take place on October 10 and its sales will also begin on November 11.
Oppo Reno Ace Review Rating
We are yet to review the Oppo Reno Ace and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Oppo Reno Ace are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.