The Motorola One Macro is the latest in Moto’s camera-themed lineup and as you can tell by its name, its unique skill is macro photography. While most of the Moto One family is made up of mid-rangers, this is an entry-level phone (the E-series to One Zoom’s G-series, if you will).
The Motorola One Macro sports a 6.2-inch LCD with 720 x 1,520px resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It houses the 8MP selfie camera (f/2.2 lens, 1.12µm pixels) inside a waterdrop notch.
The handset is powered by a MediaTek Helio P70 chipset, which should come close to the performance of the Snapdragon 675 (used in the One Zoom and One Action), thanks to its four Cortex-A73 cores (and four A53) along with Mali-G73 MP3 GPU.
The One Macro is configured with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage, which you can expand via the hybrid card slot – it’s a choice between two nano-SIMs or nano-SIM + microSD.
As far as the camera is concerned, it can focus from as close as 2cm (under 1”) and uses a 2MP sensor with 1.75µm pixels. When framing a macro shot, keep in mind that when you are standing so close to the subject you get a natural bokeh (no image processing needed).
For regular shots, the phone packs a 13MP main camera (f/2.0 lens, 1.12µm pixels), which can record 1080p videos at 60fps (and 120fps for slow-mo). There’s a Laser AF system to help with the focus.
Additionally, a 2MP depth sensor jumps in for portrait shots. While there’s no telephoto lens on this model, the Hi-Res Zoom mode stacks multiple frames to improve the quality of digital zoom.
Also, despite the “One” in the name, this isn’t an Android One phone. It runs a tweaked version of Android 9 Pie. In terms of software support, an update to Android 10 is promised for this year and 2 years of security patches.
The battery has 4,000mAh capacity and is charged over USB-C at up to 10W (and there’s a 10W charger included in the box). Motorola claims the battery is good for 2 days of casual use. The other wider port is a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Motorola One Macro Specifications and Features
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, October
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, October 12
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 75.4 x 9 mm (6.20 x 2.97 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Colors: Space Blue
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 96.7 cm2 (~81.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Storage/RAM: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.0, 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF, Laser AF
- 2 MP, f/2.2, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
- 2 MP, f/2.2, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60/120fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, 1.12µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Battery charging 10W
Motorola One Macro Price and Availability
The Motorola One Macro is launching in India first – it’s hitting Flipkart exclusively on October 12 for INR9,999 ($140). There’s only one version for now, 4/64GB in Space Blue.
A global launch will follow – bringing the phone to Europe, Latin America and the US – on October 24. The exact time frames will be announced for each region separately.
Motorola One Macro Review Rating
We are yet to review the Motorola One Macro and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Motorola One Macro are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.