Motorola continues to update its 2019 device portfolio and the latest entrants are the Moto G8 Plus and E6 Play. Alongside these two, the company also expanded the availability of the Moto One Macro to the global stage which is coming on October 28 with a €229/£199 asking price.
Moto E6 Play
Do not confuse this phone to the vanilla Moto E6 that launched earlier this year, the new Moto E6 Play is one of the most affordable phones in the brand’s lineup. It packs a 5.5-inch HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio with noticeable bezels on the top and bottom. The back features Motorola’s new design and you get a single 13MP F/2.2 camera with an LED flash. There’s also the classic Moto dimple which houses the fingerprint reader. The selfie cam is 5MP.
Under the hood, we have the MediaTek MT6739 paired with 2GB RAM and 32 GB storage which is expandable via the microSD slot. The battery is 3,000 mAh and charges over microUSB. Like the Moto G8 Plus, you get Android 9 Pie out the box. There’s also a headphone jack and FM radio.
Moto E6 Play Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) Max Vision display
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IPX2)
- Dimensions: 146.5×70.9×8.3mm; Weight: 145g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
Moto E6 Play Price and Availability
The Moto E6 play comes in Steel Black and Ocean Blue colors is priced at 109 Euros (US$ 121 / Rs. 8,590 approx.) and is available today in Brazil and Mexico. It will be available starting end of November throughout Europe and will roll out in other countries in Latin America and select countries in Asia over the coming months.