Infinix mobility has been working on a phone expected to be the successor of Infinix S4 and it’s expected take on the likes of after the Realme 5. According to 91mobiles, the phone, called Infinix S5 was recently spotted in a Google Play Console listing, revealing key specifications, including the chipset and the front-panel design.
About the Infinix S5 specifications, the smartphone will be powered by the MediaTek Helio P22 processor, coupled with up to 4GB RAM and up to 64GB storage. The smartphone will have 32-megapixel selfie camera housed in a hole punched into the display, towards the top-right corner.
Android 9 Pie-based custom UI will be part of the package and the display will have HD+ (720 x 1,600 pixels) resolution. Lastly, the Infinix S5 cameras will include lowlight, wide-angle, portrait, and macro sensors.
An exclusive Infinix S5 image from the source, shows the smartphone will sport the quad rear cameras in vertical alignment, with the LED flash placed towards its right. There will be a fingerprint sensor on the back, which will have a patterned design and glass back panel. The image on Flipkart shows the volume rocker and the power button are present on the right spine.
Infinix S5 smartphone could be a budget offering to take on the likes of Redmi 8A and Realme 5 smartphones. Unfortunately, details regarding the display size, battery capacity and the exact pricing aren’t revealed for now. With the launch scheduled for October 15, we should know the Infinix S5 price in Nigeria and other markets, full specifications, and release date shortly. However, below info is what we have for now, some of the specs on this page may change after the official launch.
Infinix S5 Specs and Features
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Android 9 Pie + XOS 5.0 Cheetah.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.52 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD curved glass screen with a punch hole
- Colours: Black. Blue.
- Physical Build: Polycarbonate with glossy gradient finish.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 2.0 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek 6762 (Helio P22)
- Graphics Processor: IMG PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP quad camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED ring flash, [email protected] video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 MP, f2.0 Aperture, LED Flash, AI Face Recognition, [email protected] video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS,
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: N/A
- Wireless Charging: No
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: Infinix X652
Infinix S5 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: October 17, 2019
- Release Date: October 2019
- Country Availability: Nigeria. Ghana. India. Pakistan.
- Price: Yet to be announced. Word from the grapevine is that it will sell for less than Rs. 10,000 in India.