Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has announced its second 5G smartphone, Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G in China today. The phone is the cheapest 5G smartphone in the industry for now.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Specs and Features
In terms of design, the Mi 9 Pro 5G is not much different from the regular Xiaomi Mi 9. This smartphone comes with a dimension of 157.21 x 74.64 x 8.54 mm and weighs only 196g. It is available in dream white and titanium black colours.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G comes with a 6.39-inch AMOLED screen and the screen ratio is 90.7%. It uses an on-screen fingerprint sensor and the entire display has the Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. This device supports step-less color temperature adjustment and full DC dimming. This flagship phone comes with a 103.8% NTSC wide color gamut. This ensures that the basic screen quality is perfect. In addition, it uses a “primary colour screen management system”, which can convert colour space more accurately.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G comes with a Snapdragon 855+ SoC with a maximum configuration of 12GB+512GB. Of course, it uses an external Snapdragon X50 5G modem. The 5G frequency band adopts a 7-antenna design and there are signals for how to hold it.
In the camera department, the Mi 9 Pro 5G uses a 20MP selfie camera. On the rear, there is a triple camera setup. This includes a 48MP main sensor + 12MP telephoto + 16MP ultrawide camera system. On the software end, this device comes with the recently released MIUI 11 with a lot of new features.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Battery & other related Features
The Mi 9 Pro 5G does not come with a 4000 mAh large battery, it also supports “triple fast charge”, 40W wired super flash charging, 30W wireless super flash charging and 10W reverse wireless charging. According to Xiaomi, the 30W wireless super flash charge can give a full charge in 69 minutes. If you use the 45W charger in the box, you can get a full charge in 48 minutes.
Furthermore, the uses “VC liquid cooling + 5 layers of graphite + high thermal conductivity copper foil + thermal gel” stereo cooling system. With this configuration, the CPU core temperature reduces by 10.2 ° C. This smartphone is the first device to get the TUV Rheinland Fast Charge 3.0 certification.
In addition, this smartphone comes with a large horizontal linear motor for better vibration feel, eID electronic ID card, and a 1.04CC large sound chamber. It also supports NFC and provides up to 1TB of Xiaomi cloud space free for one year. Other features worthy of note include Xiao AI 3.0 voice assistant, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band GPS and USB-C. However, it does not have the 3.5 mm headphone jack. This smartphone hit 480,830 on AnTuTu.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 41(2500) – China
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (7CA) Cat20 2048/150 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, September
- Status: Release 2019, September
- Dimensions: 157.2 x 74.6 x 8.5 mm (6.19 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- Build: Back glass (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame (7000 series)
- Colours: Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~85.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Android 10; MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 54mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, 2x optical zoom
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Port: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 40W (Quick Charge 4+)
- Wireless Charging: 30W
- Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 10W
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro Price and Availability
To get one of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro version, below is the price list of this device.
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – $520
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage – $555
- 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage – $517
- 12 GB RAM + 512 GB storage – $665
According to Xiaomi, the pre-sale commences immediately in China and the first official sale is in three days time (September 27th). Until now, the cheapest 5G smartphone in the industry was iQOO Pro 5G which is available for 3798 yuan ($536). This makes the Mi 9 Pro 5G the cheapest 5G smartphone for now.